Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's good to be back from my excursion in New Mexico. I returned well worn, exhausted, exhilerated, and just plain proud that I was able to finish the arduous task. I was really worn out, but finish I did. Climbed both mountains without incurring any altitude sickness. Only one blister, but I think I broke a rib when I flew off my mountain bike while riding along the Rio Grande Gorge. That was on day 2 of the trip. In spite of this I was able to do the Philmont trek to completion. Now that I've caught up on my sleep, overcome jet lag, call, and hhhhhot-humid weather, I'll start posting some photos and describing the trip in some detail.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Welcome Back!!!! Was so nice to see your comment on my blog this morning and find out you were back:-) Sounds like you had a greatttt time and oh wow, what scenery you must have seen by climbing those mountains. From what I can see from the picture, it was breathtaking!! What a shame about your broken rib though...ouch! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip and seeing more pictures:-)

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home