Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tues July 18th, 2006 Day 4 pg. 1

Up for breakfast 0630 at Quality Inn.





Leigh with green chili beer, that Mark gave him at bkfst. We haven't tried it yet.







After breakfast, enroute to Philmont, we visit the awe inspiring Viet Nam War Memorial in Angel Fire, New Mexico.


This was a very emotional visit for me. I didn't realize how close to the surface my memories were, even after 42 years. The letter on this board, that greeted us, could have been writen by me and probably thousands of other boys.






















No political statements! Just many emotional memories..........................

Next: Arrival at Philmont.


1 Comments:

Blogger PEA said...

Green chili beer?? Now I've heard of everything!! lol I can just imagine how many memories were running through your mind when you saw the VietNam War Memorial...not something you'd want to remember:-( (((HUGS))))

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home