Monday, November 13, 2006


Monday November 13th
Day 13 for nablopomo
Day 2 of anesthesia conference in Tucson, AZ.

The first sessions didn't begin until 1400 in the afternoon. This gave the participants an opportunity to do some scouting about and partaking of those activities only available in the mornings.

I arose early as usual and took the opportunity to go up to the 4th floor observation tower to watch the morning sun rise up over the mountains.




We decide to explore the area and go out to a local restaurant for breakfast.
In a mall a couple miles away we discovered a mediteranian style restaurant, owned and operated by an Iraqi Kurd. "The vittles we et were good you bet and the company was the same." There were many ethnic pictures and photos on the walls and we we able to get a mini refresher course in geography and Kurdish history.






We returned to the hotel and consulted the concierge, who pointed us toward the parcourse fitness trail and provided us with a map. The trail is 1.5 miles round trip with 18 fitness stations placed every few yards. Seems like a perfect way to start the day.




We worked up and appetite and ate lunch here at the hotel. Then we sat out buy the waterfall to enjoy the peacful ambiance of the surroundings.



Above the falls, the goldfish were looking for a handout.



Class in 90 minutes so I'd better get a move on!
Morning sessions today with afternoon free. The plan at this time is to visit "Old Town" this afternoon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

I was busy making chocolates all weekend so I'm a bit behind with visiting blogs...I'm quickly catching up:-) Sounds like you're having a wonderful if busy time over there...wonderful pictures as usual and you always find such interesting places to eat!! Take care my friend:-)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I love your travelog posts. What an excellent combination of pictures and text. You should do this for a living.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I feel like I am right along with you guys!!! I love the goldfish!! Glad it is turning into such a great trip. The sunrise is so beautiful!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I like the look and sound of the Kurdish restaurant and in fact the whole area looks very interesting and attractive. The sunrise is lovely - and I see you are still keeping fit:)

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home