Thursday, October 02, 2008

Duck and Run: 3 Doors Down



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obYE4sFBmPg

Whatayasay? Tired of political rhetoric? Me too!


SSDD


SO:
Well since you asked. You did ask didn't you? I'm on vacation. This is the first of two weeks. Normally this would be the time of year that we go to France and fill our souls with frenchness and our stomachs with croissants, bagets, fromage et vin rouge, but alas at the time that I would have been making plans the Euro cost $1.62 and I thought that that was outrageous, so this year we've decide to go to the Big Apple for a few days; they've agreed to accept our dollars at par!
That will be next week. Probably drive to our daughter's home in Albany and take the train into the city, spend 3 days there then rail up to Mystic Seaport for a day or so and then to Newprt R.I.. Next week, did I say that already?

What have I been doing this week you ask? Well, I did check off a couple items on the Bee list (you know, honey-do). Mostly I've been blogging, reading and working out. I know, you can understand reading and blogging but working out? Well yes. You see, first of all, after four months away from my home gym, I was anxious to get back to my routine. More than that though is the fact that a few friends and myself made plans early in the summer to have a end-of-season athletic event the weekend of the 4th of Oct., 2008.

Holy shit Levi, that's this weekend! I think I'm ready, it's a mini event. We're calling it the inaugral Morristown (NY) Tri-Athelon. We'll kayak or conoe (participant's choice) to Jacques Cartier State Park and back, a total of 6+ miles. Then we'll bicycle ride to Ogdensburg and back; 20 miles, and finish with a 10K from the village dock, following the river road to and through the same State Park and return to the village park/boat launch. Then we'll have pizza and beer and make plans for a bigger scale event next year, perhaps for charity.

Now I'm off to watch the Palin/Biden debate. ;-)

P.S. When Jane told Joe who I was voting for she said he said: "who gives a shit!"

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Black Boxed to your site. It's a nice one and I like your mellow but brain-engaged manner. Good Luck.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Best of luck and lots of fun for this event! I know you will do really well.

Go Rel!!!!

Can't wait to hear how it went.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

12:53 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

That all sounds so wonderful. Do you wear a wetsuit when you swim?

I've never been to NYC. I'd love to see it.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Sounds like a great trip! Take some pix to share with us!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, Rel, I wouldn't be able to keep up with you guys. I'm deeply impressed.

Have a wonderful vacation!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Have a lovely time in NY, Rel and take lots of photos to show us.

An athletic event, eh? You are certainly a very energetic person. I just do my 30 mins walking each day...that's enough for me.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Hope the triathlon went well..... and that you enjoyed the beer & pizza and comradery afterwards :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...............(...hello!....)..
......................--, ,-----?
.......@@@........)/..........
.....@........@.........,.......
.....@........@.......o00o...
.......@@@.........How r u???..!!
..........@..............@.......
.......@@@.........@........
......@.@..@.....@..........Have a nice day..!!
.....@..@.....@@............
....@...@............Have a nice time..!!
...@....@.........
..@.....@.......Have a nice thing!!
..........@......
........@@......
.......@..@.......I mizz ya...!!
......@....@........
.....@......@.....
....@........@....Kiss!!
...@..........@...
@@..........@@.....Take care...!!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home