Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday 18 February, 2007

Today's prompt for Sunday Scribblings #47 is CRUSH.

As usual, I mulled the prompt over in my head for a few days. On Thursday while in the shower, a scenario began to develop and bloomed into a full fledged vignette. I kept the stream flowing while I prepared my breakfast. Feeling the crush of time, I jotted down an outline while eating so that I could remember what I wanted to write come time.

Voila, Yesterday I referred to my outline an wrote....and wrote and wrote...Until I'd filled two pages, front and back and hadn't written the ending yet. I said to myself at 2230 last night, "this master piece is too long to submit to Sunday Scribbling, Maybe you could submit it to LMC (lifetime movie channel) but not for SS."

Dilemma; should I try to come up with a new scribbling at this late hour with snot dribbling out of my nose every two minutes, followed by an expectorated wad of phlegm
from my trachea? Or should I just scrap SS for this week? A number of choices presented themselves but none I felt could be fleshed out adequately. Merde! Talk about feeling crushed.

Quit writing rel and tell us what you decided..................................

OK. rel's out-line of his story for Sunday Scribblings:

CRUSH

This is a story of Limerace Orgilis Le Beau, an accountant who lives in Paris France.

He wakes up late for work one morning and rushes to get to the metro because he despises the crush of the crowd. Once he's on the train he finds himself crushed up against a beautiful young women who reminds him of his new boss upon whom he has a crush.

Arriving at work he his told to go to the boss's office. Therein he expects romantic (lustful) activity to occur. Tongue tied and perspiring with stirring in his crotch he is crushed when she
summarily fires him! He is crushed to say the least. In fact he begins to experience a crushing sensation in his chest. He blacks out, waking up in an ICU at the American Hospital.

Sitting beside his bed is his girl friend. The room is full of color, orange color, brilliant orange color. He drifts in and out of consciousness. He holds his girl friend's hand.

A steady intermittent sound filters into his consciousness. Wondering what the noise is, he becomes more and more awake, realizing it is his radio alarm. The sunrise's orange light is streaming through the bedroom window directly in his face, and the song on the radio is "CRUSH" by the Dave Matthews band..

He rolls over cuddles and caresses his girlfriend awake, knowing he has plenty of time for a "little" and still beat the early morning crush at the metro. Basking in the afterglow of their love making, she asks him what he thinks of the new boss. He says he has a meeting with him first thing this morning to discuss his promotion.

As he leaves the apartment gazing at the magnificent nude figure of his love, he says, "Dinner at Les Deux Magots tonight?" Au revoir ma cher, je t'aime, bonjournee ;-)"

That then is the gist of my story without all the names and descriptive details.

painting, by Claude Monet, entitled Impression: soleil levant (Impression: Sunrise) 1874



Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Monsieur, you are such a tease... i'm left wondering which descriptive details you left out :-)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Regina said...

Ooh, la la...:)

11:25 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

C'est pas vrai! Methinks you've left out some crucial information. :)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I would have read it all ;) I'm dying to find out the parts you left out.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

'The Two Maggots' - THAT to me was the punch line!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are so many uses for that one simple word. :)

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oui, oui, oui! Loved your preface describing your process. Your sense of humor rocks.

Creative writing to the prompt that did not crush me to a pulp. LOVE the posting of my favorite artist: Claude Monet, my inspiration.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Ah Rel, you have left me CRUSHED by leaving out the important details! hehe Truly a fabulous post my friend...even when you say you can't think of what to write, you always find the perfect words! Feel better real soon!!! Hugs xox

5:42 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm crushed you didn't manage to crush in the descriptive details! I choked on my pineapple crush and then crushed my slacks and had to race to change in to my crushed-velvet skirt. I rushed to my car and felt crushed when I tripped over in front of my newly-arrived handsome neighbour. It was a crushing blow to my ego and pride!

Then to top it all of the other side won in a crushing defeat of my football team! I've never been so crushingly disappointed in them!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Oooh Rel, this is titillating piece of wonderment! When’s the book coming out! It’s a must have. Mind of magnificence I say!!! Great post!

Giggles

8:38 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

He has time for a "little?"..morning rondevous (sp) are not meant to be rushed....no wonder he was crushed.
; ))

10:48 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Aaah Rel. I'm crushed!

3:43 AM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

I like the various crushes shown in bold type.

I love that monet painting.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Jone said...

I think this prompt has brought out the romantic in us all. Loved reading this.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you say you are going to Paris this year? Ahha are you going to seek material for your novel? Are you going to fill in the pages? I hope we can meet each other or I will be crushed!

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful story Rel. It does need to be much longer though. :)

4:39 AM  
Blogger wrchili said...

Wonderful outline! I bet the story is excellent. I especially like how you were able to construct a story using every definition of the word "crush."

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home