Sunday, March 11, 2007


'To die, to sleep ... To sleep, perchance to dream."
Hamlet's Soliloquy

Sunday Scribblings prompt # 50 for 11 march, 2007: Dream Journey
As the Plane banked to the right, Limerace looked out the window. Below was France. In particular, the city of Paris. Continuing to absorb the view an emotion, a sad exuberance as he called it, built in him, unexplained. Tears welled up in his eyes, a lump formed in his throat, and he whispered, more to himself than to anyone else; "I'm home."

Jacques met them at the taxi area and they rode to the apartment in the 16th. Quickly the bags were deposited inside and immediately , well, after mandatory visit to the salle de bain, they left to begin their excursion and become acquainted with Paris. "It is better not to give in to the desire for sleep" said Jacques. "You will adjust quicker if you accommodate to the local time."
It was 1000 Paris time, but Limerace's body thought it was 0400, 6 hours earlier.

The excitement of his dream realization pouring out before him put fatigue on the back burner. From the introduction to the Paris metro until 1600 Paris time, when he fell into stuperous sleep on Jacques's day-bed for two hours, Limerace Orgilis LeBeau was enamored of a beautiful spring day in the city of light, the country of his dreams.

Exiting the metro to the world famous boulevard, Champ de Elise, L.O.L was enveloped, as if by a comfortable cloak of contentment and was completely absorbed with every minute detail he encountered. He was captivated by the width of the boulevard, by the width of the sidewalk, the trees in early spring bud, the sidewalk cafés beginning to be filled with early partakers of le déjeuner, or the patrons sipping their café express. They strolled leisurely up to and past the massive Arc de Triomphe and stopped at cafe Le Cristal on avenue des Grand Armees for lunch and
their first glass of authentic in country full bodied red French wine.








Delirious with sensory overload, so began day one of the dream journey.

"voir Paris et mourir"

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger strauss said...

Oh Remiman, that was glorious.
It was a dream of mine to journey to Paris. My dream was somewhat fulfilled in 2001 when I managed to wing a weekend there on my way to somewhere else. I say somewhat, because I loved it so much, but the time spent there was not nearly enough, and I long to return. In my visonary dream, I was standing on an exquisite bridge; I knew it to be somewhere in Paris, and I found it - Pont Alexandre III over the Seine.
As always your writing is lovely and your imagery, so alive.
Thanks for stopping by my scribble, and for the very kind things you said.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Nice. Was it an actual dream, or was it real but in the past, so it feels like a dream?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

Oh, how wonderful... I long to hear more...

2:53 PM  
Blogger rel said...

Churlita,
It was a dream come true that truly happened in 2004.
rel

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rel,

I have been transported to another place with your words. A glorious place that I dream I may see some day.

I love your writings, they are so detailed and friendly at the same time.

Rose

xo

3:47 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Thank you for sharing your dream so eloquently! Wonderful that it materialized for you!

Peace Giggles

4:14 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Just gorgeous, and I feel as if I were on the journey with L.O.L., seeing it all for the first time. Whet's my appetite to see Paris even more than it already is...

I really enjoy "L'aventure de Monsieur Lebeau"~I hope there will be more???

5:06 PM  
Blogger rel said...

Becca,
I'm seriously considering starting another blog just to extole the adventures of Monsieur LeBeau.
rel

5:27 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Is this a memory from an earlier trip or a flight of fancy? In any event, lovely musings!

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the descriptions of Paris — of arriving, the time change, getting used to it, being overwhelmed and excited by it. Makes me long to go back.

I also went back to your initial "Crush" posting and read about "lemerence" in Wikipedia. Thank you — I have learned a lot, and I looked forward to reading more! My interest has been piqued.

Extraordinaire. :)

7:57 PM  
Blogger wrchili said...

What a wonderful story! By reading your words, I feel as I am there with your characters. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Jone said...

Thank you for reminding of what it like to visit that marvelous city.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

Lovely, Rel. And yes, please, we definitely need more of Monsieur Lebeau! :)

I gave this a go, too, by the way, but from a completely different angle. Sunday Scribblings is exactly what I need right now, to stimulate the foggy brain. Thanks for making me aware of it through your Sunday offerings!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I was wondering when Limerace was going to make his re-appearance. You are continuing your love affair with France, I see, Rel...are to sit on the boulevard, sipping on wine and deciding what to eat...perhaps just some cheese and a baguette.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Rel, now look what you've gone and done! Now I am just longing to return to Paris. I love that city so. I feel a holiday coming on....:)

3:20 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

LOvely story Rel. It really conjures up a vision of Paris at its best. I, too, would like to hear more of M.Le Beau:)

3:30 AM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

2:16 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

See, dreams DO come true:-) Your words make me want to go to Paris, to experience the surroundings, the atmosphere, the food, the people...

11:57 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You successfully transported me!

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon very soon!
Delightful writing!

3:18 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Right Rel, you've sold me Paris. Met you at the Cafe Cristal!

Cheers

5:25 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

You did a marvelous job Rel! I hope you can do it again soon :)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, Rel. I do hope you'll continue with Monsieur LeBeau. I looked up the word limerence and think it's a sure fit for an experience I had a number of years ago. Thanks for the posting. I learned something new.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I was just checking up on you because of no haiku yet. lol

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home