Friday, May 25, 2007

My friend Tara sent me this authentic vintage French Carte Postal, depicting the "Barber of Seville". She doesn't just pick something randomly though. She puts a lot of thought into her gifts...ie; she knows of my love of France and the theatre and she knew that my wife just returned from a trip to Spain.
Thank you Tara, you are truly a precious gem!
This post card came about because of an exchange that Tara proposed to her blog readers.....She would send a card to anyone who provided her with their smail addy and would send her a post card from where they are.
*********************

I was tagged by Robyn, ages ago, to do the seven (or 5, or 8, or 10, ;-)) random facts about myself. I'm supposed to tag seven others but I'll let any readers here chose , on their own, to do so.

1. I was the class clown in school. Still am!

2. I've shrunk 2" in the last 20 years. Yet I feel taller.

3. I rank in the top five list of the worlds best procrastinators.

4. Blogging has given me the outlet to write that has been festering in me for too many years.

5. When I was in the 8th grade, we had to take a series of aptitude tests in order for the school to make high school placement decisions. You know; regents scholar (college track,) trade school, etc. My parents received my report, and when they told me the results I was indignant as a 13 year old is allowed to be in front of his mother. The results showed that I was most suited to be a nurse or a journalist!!!!! Preposterous ,I said. (actually I was thinking, what kinda crap test was that anyway?)

6. I think war is an abomination.

7. I love my kids, and am proud of their successes. They've done well despite me. ;-)

8. oops .


Y' all have a great weekend!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Good answers, Rel. Love the nurse or journalist bit...and...what are you???

A fairy clock, that's what we called dandelion heads as kids. We told the time by how many puffs it took to blow all the seeds off. It wasn't particularly accurate, though. Funny that.

Have a good weekend, hope you aren't working!

6:15 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Hi Rel,

Glad you like the postcard! Thanks for the kind words. And it was interesting reading your meme. I think you might have made a good journalist! In any event, am glad you're writing now. And like you, I think war is an abomination. xo

8:15 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I bet I could give you a run for your money in the procrastination department.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

That postcard is gorgeous - lucky you!

And isn't it amazing that your career prediction came true?

Sorry I haven't written a comment for awhile... I have been enjoying your poetry as always, and lurking. Just having a quiet spell. It happens sometimes (rarely!).

9:32 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oops??? Oops????? hehe Loved reading these 7 and an "oops" facts about you:-) It truly is fascinating when you look back at that aptitude test, to think that it predicted your future career so well!! That postcard Tara sent you is just fabulous and she certainly did pick the perfect one for you:-) Have a great Memorial Day weekend my friend! xox

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice card! I love old French postcards.

I got tagged for that thing, and I had to list TEN things! Humph!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

That's a very interesting postcard and original. :)

As are your answers to the meme. :)

2:07 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I Love the answers on the meme.....you sound like a fun guy to me....someone who could be a good buddy to hang around with.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home