Friday, September 14, 2007


Today, 14 Sept. 2007, is the long awaited day. Tonight we will depart Ottawa, Canada, fly to Montreal and from there fly direct to Paris France! Woohoo!!

We arrive in Paris at 1050 Saturday morning. A shuttle will take us to our hotel, Les Jardins du Marais. Once settled into our quarters, I suspect we may head for a favorite Cafe near the Arc de Triompe for our first glass of le vin rouge.

I'll phone "Paris Parfait" and let her know of our arrival and confirm our dinner date for the 18th. Perhaps Tara will be able to also show D. to some of her favorite Antiquaries. ;-)
We have no other firm plans other than to spent the week in Paris soaking up the ambiance, visit some museums, eat croissants, and drink cafe express, cafe au lait, and sip some red wine.

photo by rel

In a departure from our past trips, instead of traveling to the southwest of France, this time we will be visiting the Provence region. On 9/21/07 we will travel (undecided as yet whether to fly or go by rail) to the Chateau-de-Nans in Nans-les-Pins.photo from website
This locale is about a 30 minute drive north of Marseille. It is also only 1o min. from "Tongue in Cheek" and we have made arrangements to meet up with Corey and her family for dinner at her gracious invitation to share their table. Again plans are flexible, but are sure to include my favorite past time of visiting really old buildings, especially churches and strolling the rural byways of France. Oh, and of course, tasting the local vintage will be on the list of things to do.

On the 28th we will travel back to Paris and stay our last night with Tara and David, a wonderful and kind invitation to blog friends, before returning home on the 29th.

I anticipate that there will be no posts Under the Microscope from now until next month.

Au revoir and bonjournee
A votre sante,
rel


photos by rel

17 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Have a simply MARVELOUS trip, dear Rel...I just know that you and D will love meeting blogging friends as well:-) I will look forward to seeing pictures on your return...I'm so excited for you, imagine going to France!!!! Be safe and have fun!! xox

9:24 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Can't wait to see you and D! Safe journey! xo

11:40 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Have a great trip, Rel. Say hi to Paris and France for me!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I'm sad that I won't hear from you for a couple of weeks, but it sounds like you'll have plenty to write about when you get back. I can't wait to read all about it.

have fun.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Au revoir Rel!

Hope you have a fabulous trip.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

It all sounds so delightfully, delightfully delightful! Have a wonderful time...I know you will, without saying it!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Gill said...

You are visiting Paris? Tara? Corey?
Wow, Rel. Have a super safe, and fun trip, enjoy. Tink! Here's to meeting blog friends.
xo
Blue

12:45 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Ah I'm so envious. A very good friend of mine is in Italy for a month. What is it with you lot? Going to these lovely places without me...

Oh well, I shall just have to live vicariously through your travel blogs...until I get there myself, which won't be for another two to three years yet.

Have fun

Bon voyage

5:35 AM  
Blogger Rethabile said...

Wish I could see you, too. Have a good trip, whether I do or not.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Have a most Fantastique time!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I wish you and D a wonderful time...take lots of pics for us!

3:33 AM  
Blogger Tea said...

Oh! You`re so lucky! Have a wonderful holiday!!!

tea
xo

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great, safe, enlightening and inspirational trip Rel! I can't wait to hear the stories when you return!

7:05 AM  
Blogger S. Kearney said...

Hey there,
There's a new writing project up at The Shameless Lions Writing Circle site. Please check it out and I hope you can take part and promote it. Also, check out the "latest news" section.
Cheers, Seamus.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

YAY!!!!
Have a wonderful time and a safe trip. Can't wait to hear all about it and see all your wonderful photos.

Isn't the tower huge? I was shocked the first time I saw it, much bigger than I thought it would be!

Missing you while you are gone!
There is writing to be done around the lions den.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi rel! I hope you're enjoying your wonderful journey. Your itinerary description makes me long for a trip back to France. :)

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Rel and Diane!!

Your visit was wonderful, and you are as charming and sweet as I have imagined you to be. I am the luckiest to have met you ! Please please hurry back! The provencal blue sky awaits you, as I do with open arms and heart!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home