Saturday, November 10, 2007


# 84 - Left & Right





George Orwell's left-wing views and bohemian clothes led British police to label him a communist, but the MI5 spy agency stepped in to correct that view.

Photo: AP













I left the right place,


Turned right and on


The left Bank


Was the right cafe,


Where one could write


Leftist propoganda and


feel they could right


The world.


But if they were right,


What would be left of the


World we know?


Unsure of what was right,


I left the money, the


Journal, the cafe and


Set off to find the right


Path to salvation.


Was I right to persue


My passion, or in the


End would the status quo


be all that was left?


I bequeath to you this


Question: who is left right?


When ever was there not war?

15 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Very thought provoking..

"who IS left right??"

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful. I wanted to write about left leanings in some part of India but did not, at the last moment.

11:10 AM  
Blogger paisley said...

thought provoking and visually stimulating as well....

12:13 PM  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

love the ideas and play of words ... excellent take on the prompt! peace, JP/deb

1:12 PM  
Blogger Rena said...

Cleverly done.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Nice work. I think you chose the right way to handle the prompt...Or was it the left?

10:59 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Oh, right! I've left it up to you...

1:07 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

A very clever and profound piece of writing Rel.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Very clean and precise. I liked it.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fav. "who is left right?", but then who is perfect? Nice take..thank you, rel.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

I love this! The back and forth, the format, the thinking process and the references. Love it!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Excellent ... and rightly so! Thank YOU!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

Marvelous. I wish I knew who was left right. I wish we all knew.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very clever play on words!

2:51 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Loved it, Rel!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home