Tuesday, April 08, 2008

#29 Lost Highway

There's a highway leads to nowhere,
I've been there many times.
For miles and miles it stretches
With nary a soul to find.

There's always been an exit
To get me back to town.

Time and time again
To the lost highway I am bound.
And I know the day will come
When no exit will be found.

The road of life has been kind
To me, and gentle by and far.

That lonely road to nowhere-
I'll trod 'til who knows when.
Put my picture in the obit there,
I won't be to work again.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger poefusion said...

Ahh, the road of life and its exits. How we all travel there at one time or another. This is a well told poem. Your picture compliments well. Have a nice day.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Oh, this is beautiful - the lost highway of life - hidden and found, found and hidden. Superb work! Love the rhyming, too! It adds extra power to this piece!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Head Cookie said...

Rel,

This is wonderful. Very powerful. I think there was a lot of thought put into this piece. I hope that the highway doesn't end anytime soon for any of us. You're a wonderful and great person and may life continue to be easy and kind to you.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picture and words in perfect harmony! A truly lovely piece

8:53 PM  
Blogger Karina said...

Oh, I loved this. And the photo is beautiful too.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

so beautifully expressed Rel. I'm so happy the road has been kind, hope there will always be an exit buddy. ♥

10:09 PM  
Blogger paisley said...

i often feel that life is just one long highway to nowhere... you said all of this very well.. and have me thinking.....

10:54 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I often think of life as like a road - you've put it into words for me. Thanks.

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home