Monday, August 23, 2010


It's raining this morning. Actually, it's been raining for greater than 24 hours. I mention this not because of any chagrin on my part, actually I enjoy rainy days, but to bring your attention to a "political" observance. The river level is going down. It goes down at this time every year. Yesterday as Leigh and I headed out for a long training paddle, I noticed that the shore had receded a couple of feet. Now when marinas and boaters question the "authorities " as to why the water is receding they are told that it's because of the minimal rainfall through the summer. Well, this summer we've had ample rainfall and the fact that it has rained continuously for greater than twenty-four hours to date I'm puzzled as to why the shore has receded another 3 feet over night. I know the reason, so what irks me actually is the lieing pablum they feed us; the gullible. It's always about the money, always has been. "They" need more depth in Montreal. Plain and simple. So why not just say so and be done with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I'll be reporting for jury duty: 0930 at the county court house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The family have all returned safely to their respective homes away from home. The Texas crew were delayed x 1 day in Atlanta but got to San Antonio on Saturday and after a two hour drive arrived home in Corpus Christi. The girls start school today. Talk about a whirlwind August. The time flew by as it always does when you pack in tons of activity but it was great having everyone together. It's a rare occasion when all the family can be together here with they're being scattered far and wide.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the family, Rel. Good luck with the jury duty. Should prove interesting. Maybe you'll get to experience a "twelve angry men" kinda thing?

8:26 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I hope jury duty goes well for you. It is crazy how fast time passes, isn't it?

12:33 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

what a great morning
oh that great looking fog
Lies, they all lie..at most of them do...throw'em all out
I would love to serve on a jury
good luck...hope you get chosen
we need fair minded people serving
At least you don't live in Illinois
what a joke
glad you had your family around all together...I'm having such a time right now myself..and it is fun
but exhausting....I'll be looking for fog

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home