Thursday, February 09, 2012

freezing rain, sleet,hail, frigid cold

Last night on the News, they reported a colder snowier frigid winter taking place in Eastern Europe.  But I already knew that.....

Many months ago for a few days in a row I had a tremendous increase in blog traffic and the search term was always the same: pileated woodpecker.

For the past week and a half my blog visits have once again doubled and tripled; the reason?  First off, most of those visits are from Romania.  A few other eastern European countries are represented but, by far, Romania is the most frequent.  Their search words? freezing rain, frigid, and winter storms.  So I had an inkling that the weather over there was more severe than normal.

On the other hand, the same news cast informed us that we here in the USA are having the mildest winter since 1950.  Some how I knew that too.  In fact, I've been blogging for a number of years about how much less winter we've had compared to when I grew up but you know how that's received; yeah, yeah, yeah whatta you know old man? You probably had to walk twenty miles to school through blinding snow storms,uphill both ways too.

Well maybe I did.....................

This is a blog piece I wrote in Dec. 2010:

http://pciyrtpy.blogspot.com/search?q=walk+to+school+uphill+both+ways

 Paris
 Rome
Amsterdam

1 Comments:

Blogger Kitten said...

Beautiful pics.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home