Monday, March 23, 2015

Woodland conversation for Magpie #262

The words lay hidden in
the woodland of my mind.
Resisting calls to come hither--
"Write the words that are there,
Not the ones you cannot find."

That voice, I recognize it now.
"Been too long, away, my boy,
come sit by my feet, and we'll
talk, like so many years ago,
when you were but a sapling."

"Those days, your mind was supple,
as well as your limbs.
We chatted easily, without embarrassment.
You had many questions then;
we explored the possibilities."

"Like me, you've grown rigid, both
in mind and body.  Have you
found the answers that you sought?
Did the winding path ahead
provide the wisdom you craved?"

"No, my old friend, I cannot say I did.
You watched me leave, wave good-bye,
hoping my chosen path
would bring me back to you;
Gnarled but wiser now, you and I."



8 Comments:

Blogger Berowne said...

Beautifully written, and rather moving...

2:32 PM  
Blogger Rommy said...

Really lovely reflection on returning to one's roots

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful !

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stunning.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://promisingpoetsparkinglot.blogspot.com/2015/03/poets-rally-week-81-perfect-poet-award.html

check out an award for you today, post the tag in your blog,
nominate another poet for week 82, and leave a link under our post so that we follow your nomination next time.

cheers.
happy writing

11:31 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

what a lovely tribute to this tree!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Very nice. You know how much I love trees.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

My favorite of yours to date, Rel...very nice...

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home