Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Autumn chorus

 



Good morning, my fellow early morning risers. While many of us relish this opportunity to catch a glimpse of a brilliant full moon traversing the sky or the August Perseid shower or even to just gaze upon the myriads of twinkling star light, I relish the appearance of things closer to my perch on my veranda while enjoying my fist cuppa by candlelight; white tail deer browsing my apple tree drops 20 yards away. This morning, I was greeted by the love songs of bow strings present only in late summer: this cool late August brought the persistent cacophony of cricket mating season! Male crickets in untold numbers are singing; choose me, choose me. For its the female who chooses their mate. Rejoice, it's cricket mating season. Love songs fill the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home