Friday, June 30, 2006



Friday morning. Just another reminder of how quickly time goes by. Last night, Rick the weather announcer told us that there would be 1 minute less daylight today than there was yesterday. ... Seems like we just celebrated Summer Solstice. I'm also reminded to take in and make the most of every moment just because they pass so quickly,and are likely to never pass this way again.

****

It's been a mixed bag of weather we've had this week; plenty of rain interrupted with precious sunshine, hot and muggy/cool and muggy, windy and calm. There has been little if any serious flooding in our neck of the woods. There has been serious flooding south of us which I hope doesn't prevent the kids from making it home this week-end.

****

I was on call Wednesday and earned the DOAC yesterday. Slept in and didn't do the Thur. run. I did walk to the hosp. and back (returning the beeper-- barnicle). I put an epidural in a primip at 0030 and for sure expected to -section her in the wee hours of the morn, but she pushed the little bugger out with 3 hours of pushing at 0600.

I have to make up the run today, now that I'm well rested. I'll start in a few minutes.

Yerterday's visit to the homestead showed everything progressing nicely; bumper crop of apples this year, bunches of blueberries and raspberries are starting to ripen.

Lavender is beautiful and profuse.

Cortlands just starting

1 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

I agree with you, time just seems to fly by lately...actually the years seem to be flying by...way too fast for my taste!! lol We have been getting quite a mixture of weather too, all in one day...it will be thundering, lightning and raining one minute then the sun comes out, then it starts all over again. Mother Nature can't seem to make up her mind! Is lavender easy to grow? I don't even know if I can get it over here. Beautiful pictures by the way!!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home