Thursday, August 24, 2006

0551: First light, how quickly the summer slips away. The river is calm for the first morning this week. Autum is creeping in and I welcome it.
54 degrees--better than the 40 degrees predicted---of course the river always moderates our temp. May have been cooler farther inland.

On call today. The schedule looked reasonable whenI left yesterday. As the Dali Lama says: if you have no expectation you'll have no disappomitment. I didn't put that in quotes because I'm sure that's my memory and my interpretaion of what was actually written are different.

I'll take the car instead of the bicycle today, in an attempt to ward off evil spirits.

If time presents itself later to day, I'd like to contribute a post to Poetry Thurs.

Where did we go after "Hunting Lodge?" Cimarroncito 23 July 2006.




4 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

I agree...signs of fall are showing up rapidly. I'm excited about it. We sure needed a weather change. I can hardly wait to get to the Sangre de Cristos for some photos of the aspens turning colors.

Have a great day!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I love these cooler mornings we're having now...I still go out on my deck for my morning cup of coffee but just put a big sweater on:-) Hope your day wasn't too hectic!!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

That lodge is beautiful.

It doesn't start getting cool here in south Texas until October at least.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Grish said...

Good looking lodge there, I'm really enjoying watching your trip..

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home