Wednesday, August 09, 2006

DAY3, PAGE 2


Guess where we went after lunch at the end of our mountain biking excursion? Yup, you guessed it; Taos Drums Factory Outlet. I took these three pics with my digital camera with the broken LCD. Unsure whether it was working correctly, (I could hear the shutter clicking but had no confirming image on the LCD)I resorted to using a disposable film camera while here at Taos Drums. FR had given everyone a disposable as a gift from his employer.

We had a tour of the entire operation of the drum making process, and then browsed the shop. I was surprised at what beautiful works of art these drums are. They're expensive to boot!

The pics are outside scenes set up to enhance the old west American Indian image.

Tomorrow (or sooner :-)) ), We'll travel to Philmont with a stop at a Tear producing Vietnam Veterans Memorial..

Don't worry, I bought a new camera yesterday when we returned from the drum factory outlet. I just have to install the new software and then download the pics. lol ;-)

Bonjournee,

rel

2 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Your pictures certainly turned out beautiful even with the broken LCD! I love it when they do a re-enactment of how the old west and Indian was...I've always found that so interesting! Can imagine how expensive those drums were...but the workmanship on them must be exquisite!!

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this--we'll definitely be checking out this place when we head to New Mexico. (My boyfriend's a professional drummer.) :)

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home