Wednesday, August 23, 2006

July 22nd cont. Part 2

Lunch on top of Tooth of Time was shared with the mini bears (chipmunks) A photo shoot,and then the descent (actually alittle more difficult than climbing). Returning to Shaefer's pass, we packed up our gear and headed for Hunting Lodge. We will now be back on schedule finally, and look forward to our first cup of coffe in 7 days ;-( Said cup of coffee give credance to the French term for American Coffee---jus de chaussette . (forgive any mis-spelling.----"sock juice")

First photo is of Cathedral Rock, which we passed about 1/2 hour out from Hunting Lodge. Followed by photo 2 of my hiking chum doing his imitation of Red Skelton.






Hunting Lodge: respite, coffee, and stimulating conversation. Lastly; ghost stories by the light of kerosene lanterns.



My chum-ly setting the mood for supper by playing "Amazing Grace on the harmonica.



Clothes hung on a pine needle clothes-line to refreshen overnight.

6 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

There is nothing quite like ghost stories told in the open air at night round a camp fire is there? Glad you enjoy my stories and descriptive passages, I find I am getting more and more pleasure out of writing them.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Remiman. God, you sure are one outdoorsy guy! I'm the type of person who doesn't like camping (and it's not that I've ever really done it, except once, on a mandatory overnight field trip for a college course.)

You have some amazing shots here. Where is Tooth of Time? (I guess, I could actually just look it up.)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

I know this was a fun fun trip. I sure love those mountains.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

"Jus de chaussette"...I haven't heard that in a long while! lol And, you did spell it right:-) I can't even imagine how tired everyone was after each climb or descent...sure do need a lot of stamina for that kind of adventure trek!! I love listening to the harmonica...Amazing Grace always brings shivers, it's such a beautiful song! Calling chipmunks "little bears" is so cute:-) Take care Rel and have a great day!!

12:12 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

That looks and sounds like so much fun - friends, music, nature's beauty and walks and climbs. Gorgeous photos. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Grish said...

Hey that looks like a load of fun. I like the pictures...

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home