Monday, August 14, 2006

Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the word

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's re-creation of the new day

Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the word

by: Eleanor Farjeon (February 13, 1881 – June 5, 1965) was an English author of stories and poems, chiefly for children. Her best known work is probably the hymn Morning Has Broken, written in 1931 for an old Gaelic tune, and highly popularized by the Cat Stevens recording in 1971

Weekend past.

'twas a "call" weekend, but very few cases. I made two new laboring moms happy with epidurals, anesthetised a 13 yo girl so her sick appendix could be removed, and started a couple of difficult IV's.

re: the first callin for epidural. 0355, get up to go to toilet room. As I'm sandwiching myself comfortably back beneath the coverlets, I receive a strong premonition that I'm going to be called soon to place a labor epidural. (I've had such thoughts before, but they were unfulfilled) 0400, beep--beep---beep, B., Dr. O. has a labor epidural for you. How weird is that?

The weather was my kind of perfect; warm and sunny with a calm river during the day. Cool, non-humid nights for restful slumbering.

D. went to the family camp in the Adirondaks Sat. & Sun. to visit her mom and the rest of the in-laws. She returned yesterday afternoon, bring me a slice of homemade blackberry pie. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good.

I discovered some new and interesting blogs. One is of interest to writers. http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/ (How Dad would have loved the internet.)
There are some delightful and talented folks out there in the blogsphere, whose web pages are a pleasure to peruse. Not only are there terrific scribes, but many are accomplished photographers as well. They are a wellspring of positive vibes, each and everyone. Of course they are mostly women, and they are extremely supportive of each other. They inhabit every corner of the globe and are of varied occupations. They are pretty much apolitical...at least in their blogs, (with paris parfait being an exception.)But she introduced me to sunday scribblings, and I can't say her view of current events is much different than my own. Of course, the piece de resistance: she is an American living in Paris. Soon that will be me :-)
In closing this paragraph, I want to recognize two other bloggers whom I find very uplifting: Pea at http://peascorner.blogspot.com/ (she actually is the one to introduce me to this segment of the blogging world) and Sadie athttp://shelleysscrapbook.blogspot.com/

Blogger doesn't like my photos, maybe the 1.5 MB is too large< don't know!

rel

3 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

It touched my heart that you mentioned me, REL...I'm so happy that you are enjoying finding other blogs to read:-) I agree with you, there are so many wonderful blogs out there and it's fascinating to read all the different outlooks on life, ways of life, thoughts, ideas, etc...we certainly become a close knit community and it's heartwarming to know that we have so many people, strangers but yet friends, out there who care for us!! I've always loved Aaron Neville and that song:-)

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Kat Stevens wrote that song???

7:35 AM  
Blogger rel said...

J,
Thanks for making me look that up again. Cat Stevens sang it in 1971. Aaron neville also recorded it. It was writen by: Eleanor Farjeon. The previous lyric site I checked led me to believe A. Neville wrote it.

rel

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home