Friday, August 25, 2006

TGIF

5:45 cool--54 degrees, the River; calm to ripply. Sky; cloud filled with early dawning sun trying to peek thru.

Listening to; dianna krall--THE LOOK OF LOVE

Whew, a quiet call night! No emergencies, nor labor epidurals. Perhaps I'll get out early today.
D. has a retirement party for a co-worker tonight, so I'll be on my own for supper. She stayed at home last night becauseP. is driving today and they will go to Gouv. right from work. That way P. can drop D. off at our house (where her car will be) on her way home rather than have to backtrack to here.----- Stated as clear as mud.----

OK: Cimarroncito



We hiked 45 minutes or so from Hunting Lodge to Cimarroncito. Because of Time constraints (we still had a long hike ahead of us) We signed up for rock climbing only, and postponed doing the conservation project to our last day in the field.

Cimarroncito also afforded us the opportunity to take a shower (our first in 5 days, phew!!!), cold but welcome to be sure, and to wash our clothes.

Karen and I elected to stay back and watch the clothes dry and keep the mini-bears out of our packs. Wiley creatures they are. I knew if I spent the day rock climbing and repelling I wouldn't have the energy to do the extened hike.



Using ol' sol to dry clothes.

Next stop: Ute gulch to pick up food supplies.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

TGIF indeed! Blogger is really acting up today, so I'll make this short and sweet. Just wanted to say that, even though I loathe camping personally, I'm really enjoying the series about your trip in July. Have a great weekend!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

You all must have been going to bed every night completely exhausted! I can't get over how much walking and hiking you all did every day!! A shower after 5 days must have felt like heaven! lol

10:40 PM  
Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all...........

Angel Feathers Tickle Me

12:40 AM  
Blogger Grish said...

Wow 5 days without a shower! I haven't had that much excercise since ... well ... ever...:)

12:50 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

The Miranda rock-climbing sounds challenging, but fun. I used to rock-climb way back when in college. I liked going up a lot better than rappeling down - that first backwards step off a cliff always scared me. The first time I did it a nest of rattlesnakes at the cliff edge encouraged me. :)

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. The auction will start next week and Peggy will post photos and info on her website, Hidden Haven Homestead (site address link on my post "A Helping Hand."). I'm afraid I don't know more details at the moment. Peggy is handling all of it. We're supposed to mail our donation to the winning bidder once the auction closes. Thanks for your interest.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

You must be part mountain goat like I am. I could hike and climb forever. I was born and raised in the Wasatch Mountains of northern Utah. The mountains breathe life back into me.

Thanks for all your nice comments in my blog! You are very generous with them.

I hope you have a great weekend. I'm planning on grabbing my camera and headed to the Canyon to see what I can see.

Take care!

Shelley

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home