Friday, September 01, 2006

Goodmorning world!
Yesserie, I've decide to have a great day today; Just because.

Btw, I posted a couple more of my Dad's poems over here .

The trek continues: 24 -25 July 2006

As you may recall, if you have been following the story, we sat out (hunched over to be exact) the thunder and lightening storm up at Santa Claus camp. Once the storm passed by we continued on to find Upper Dean Cow camp. Some where along the trail we missed the turn off shortcut and ended up at Head of Dean camp. Our inquiries there put us back on the right trail and in 1/2 hour we were at Upper Dean Cow.



This is a borro pen at Head of Dean camp, where we rested while making inquiries as to where Upper Dean Cow was.

Upon arrival we set camp, fetched water, photographed wildlife (FR did. His camera was an additional appendage), cooked and ate supper, and held the now too common blister clinic (I, fortunately, was not afflicted thusly).




A humerous story happened while supper was being prepared: Two young ladies from a neighboring camp came by ,and inquired if we knew where they could find the water station. Now mind you, these ladies were probably 50 yds. away from our campsite.
So I crossed over the stream bed and approached them, and while I was giving them directions to the water site, my chum Leigh came over to join us. The closer he got, the more the girls backed up, finally thanking me for the directions and making a hasty exit. Leigh laughed and said he thought that he must look pretty scruffy so as to scare off those girls. I told him he made Grizzly Adams look good. ROFLMAO.

The next Morning, after a thorough study of the map (we are sure tired of getting lost ), we set off for our next big adventure.


scummy pond in the borro pen. We go back to Head of Dean the next morn.


View from Head of Dean camp


map reading 101

4 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

Looks like such a wonderful adventure! But who named those places??!! :)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

You left us high and dry. WHAT next great adventure? We need to know! Hope you are having a great day.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I just spent a goodly amount of time wansdering through your back posts and reading about your hinking adventure. Being an Idaho mountain girl I recognized a couple of your references in this post. I no longer live in my beloved mountains and the smell of Ponderosa Pine is one of the many things I miss.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

haha love you blog.....very enjoyable read. I have family up there in your God's country.

Hey Grizzly Adam's did look good..........

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home