Friday, September 29, 2006

Lunch break, Montparnasse




The busy week has ended and now the busy weekend begins. There are too many choices and obligations.
Dinner tonight with Barb and Don. I'm sure we will finalize plans for the 54 mile endurance adventure sunday in celebration of Don's 54th birthday. We will climb St. Regis mountain (6 mile round trip). Once we are down, Don will roller blade to Santa Clare (20 miles). The rest of us ( 3 I think) will bicycle. Then after that Don will get on a bicycle (yes, he'll take the roller blades off first lol) and we will continue on for an additional 28 miles, ending in Potsdam. Probably will eat in a Mexican restaurant there in Potsdam (aye---Corona). Hmmm... Mexican food in a German named town in Northern NY on the Canadian border.

Saturday will entail finishing the move-out from camp and bringing two kayaks home and leaving 2 at Bonnie and Dicks in their new cellar ;-). Of course there will be the requisite cleaning to be done. Also there are the myriad of fall cleanup chores around home that can't possibly be accomplished in one or two days. :-(

The downstairs toilet needs a new flush valve, so I'll have to remember to stop at the hardware store in the morning and pick up those materials.

Sat. night we agreed to go to Barb and Dons for a spaghetti dinner (carb loading for the endurance event). We received a call from Bree saying that she and Amanda were planning a 35th wedding anniversary surprise party for Donna and Jeff for Sat.evening Not only are Donna and Jeff Long time friends, Jeff and I graduated H.S. together and he is the department head for anesthesia at work.

I was also supposed to travel south 3 hrs. for an anesthesia mtg this weekend.

Of course there is the event on sunday.

aye carumba... activities this weekend are coming fast and furious, like leaves being blown off the trees.

I'll need to go back to work monday to get a rest :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Isn't that always the case...either nothing is happening or everything is happening at the same time!! Sounds like a fun time with friends though so you go out and enjoy yourselves! As for the cleaning that has to be done, I'd love to help you but..ummmm...errrrr....I have to wash my hair sometime this weekend! hehe Hope you manage to have a wonderful weekend, no matter how busy it is:-) Hugs

7:48 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Sounds like you are in for a busy weekend - I take it you've discovered a way to remain awake and active for 24 hours a day! You're going to need to to pack all that lot in - have fun.

3:34 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Wow Rel, you have a busy weekend mapped out!!! I hope you have a great time in everything you do!!!! Enjoy the spaghetti dinner!!!! God bless and take care!

4:04 AM  
Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

54 miles?! *thud* You and I obviously have different definitions for the word "adventure"! But full marks to you for being that fit ... and, um, er, uh, what's the word I'm looking for? Oh, never mind. ;)

Enjoy your busy weekend, rel. Better busy than bored, right?

7:47 AM  
Blogger Tea said...

Funny thing is that my Mum and Dad`s names are Brab and Don :)

tea
xo

7:53 PM  
Blogger Tea said...

woops I meant Barb.....shouldn`t talk while typing!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Grish said...

Wow... I just say Wow...

8:38 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Busy busy!! It would have been a beautiful day here for a bike ride. Perhaps I'll get out early tomorrow.

Nice to "see" you Rel.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Tell me, Rel, do you take super vitamins or something!! Because you sure are busy, just how are you going to fit all that in?

Love the old can of ether. Prefer an injection of something into my dripline myself, much less evil smelling! The poison warning is a bit of a worry, though. Still, it's like most things, ok in moderation.

Have a wonderful "54" adventure and I hope you take plenty of photos to show us.

All the best

Robyn

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home