Saturday, September 30, 2006


Sunday Scribbling
prompt for 1 Oct., 2006
Skin:

WHAT'S THE SKINNY;
a brain-storming.......

Smooth,soft, sensitive
Skin of my teeth, skinned alive, skin tight
Skin crawls, shivers, sweats.
Skin a cat, pig skin, kid skin, calfskin.
Skin in varied colors and shades,
Is currency traded on certain streets in
Certain districts in every city.
Creamy chocolate, alabaster white,
Tawny, rosey, smooth, rough.
Responsive, supple, taut, loose.
Protects, conceals.
Exposed--reveals.
Hates to love the sun.
Skin sells---advertising!
Even to skinflints.
Exposed, vulnerable-
It wraps us in its protective coat,
shields us from the elements,
Invites attention.
A canvas for tattoo artists.

It's no skin off my back!

11 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth said...

Very cool, Remiman, I don't think I could come up with anything that clever and well articulated.

9:42 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Great poem, Rel. Excellent take on the prompt - so many areas explored within the confines of your piece. Well done!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you just about covered everything with this poem. Very clever!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

So much said in so few words - it conjured up pictures as I read through it, especially the second time. The first line gave me a clear vision of my little grand-dauhter and her soft, rosy baby skin - lovely!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Very profound and thought provoking.
I like it!

Robyn

7:24 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

ewww...creepy...this post made me think of Buffalo Bill in the movie Silence of the Lambs...just in time for Halloween...hehe!!
:-O

8:57 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

That was excellent! You certainly do have a brilliant mind, Rel, I could never think of writing something like that! Hope you were able to relax a bit this weekend!!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

this was great Rel! And I think you just about covered it all! I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Grish said...

excellent!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

I had to read this through again to pick up all the references and phrases. Very clever wordplay, Rel!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

i like this brainstorm, Rel.
yes it is all those things.....it is one huge umbrella, that skin....and has so many connotations for us all

:)

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home