Friday, October 06, 2006

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I've been tagged by "overactive imgination" to do a meme stating 5 weird/odd things about myself. Just doing this seems weird enough. lol ;-)

1. Probably the weirdest thing about me (my opinon only) is the fact that I get up at 0330 every morning, Monday through Friday, to accomadate my exercise work out. I started working out regularly about 14 years ago. Before, the problem was that there was too often an excuse to skip a work-out when I'd get home after work; the kids game, a board mtg., on call, too tired from call the night before and on and on. I started working out in the early AM after my youngest started college and voila....I've missed only a handful of workouts in 14 years.

2. I just turned 61 y.o. but act and feel like I'm 29. It's as much mental as physical, but it does require staying in shape. (Not everybody finds this odd but some do.)

3. On a regular basis I'll burst into spontaneous song at work in the operating room. Frequently it's a Dean Martin song or a Christmas carole. Oh, btw, this morning while out running there was a full moon: "when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore". How'd that sound? ;-) Once a co-worker said to me "rel it's only July and your singing Christmas caroles, what are you going to do when December rolls around?" I replied, "sing louder."

3b. I frequently sing to my patients as I'm administering their anesthetic. Or sometimes I'll play a CD via headphones for them. Either Mozart or Phill Collins. Their own if they bring something in.

4.I'm an inveterate procrastinator, too frequently waiting 'til the last minute to do important things; then rushing like mad to get it done and even incurr a penalty. (ie: travel arrangements..tickets, hotel resevations etc.)

5. Snakes scare the shit out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that's not really weird is it?)

That's my side of the story. I'm sure you could get additional tips from others. lol;-)

I'm supposed to tag 5 more folks, but I've seen this one done by many of my regular blogmates already.
But, hey, feel free.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm a procrastinator, too! *high five*

4:41 PM  
Blogger overactive-imagination said...

Thanks Remi!!

from another procrastinator. Maybe you work best under pressure too and just don't realize it and that's why you procrastinate.
Dawn

5:23 PM  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Put me down as another early riser. Although I have an easier time getting up earlier on weekends, when I know I don't have to go to work. Weird, I know.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Rel, you had me grinning inanely at the thiought of you singing to your patients as you put them to sleep. Just like a lullaby, right?!

Have a fabulous weekend!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Grish said...

Lol pretty good ones. Of course I'm not an early riser but I do whistle while I work and most of the time don't realize it until I've been doing it for a while. Cheers

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you get up at 3:30 AM?? AM??? AM???

Really? I am hoping to spontaneously morph into a morning person. So far hasn't happened.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I see you are quite a bit older than I am. I won't be 61 until December. :)

11:04 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

wow, you really get up at 3.30? often times that's when i finally get to bed :-) if i'm ever in need of an anesthetic, i would hope you'd administer it while singing to me... i think that's lovely Sx

7:20 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Nice to be sung to while the anaesthetic is doing its stuff! Having music played is a good thing too especially Phil Collins, love his stuff. As for snakes, I actually like them, my best friend had two when we were teenagers and I got used to handling them. Spiders on the other hand have the same effect on me as snakes do on you!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Awwww how I'd love to hear you sing Christmas songs...I LOVE Christmas songs!!! I wish you'd been Corey's aneasteo...anesthi...aneasth..the guy who put him to sleep!! lol It shows strenght of mind that you get up that early to do your work outs..no wonder you're in such good shape and you certainly don't look like 61!!

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rel

Thanks for your email, but I've now figured out what I was doing wrong. I was using my old blog to read and comment on posts. But that don't work no more.

Cheers

Robyn

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me smile. I like you Remiman. :-)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

3:30 am? for a work out? oh my goodness, that is commitment. holy macarroni i don't know of anyone, besides you now, who would do that..

i think it's wonderful that you sing. i'm sure it keeps everyone that much more relaxed.

doing dr.John's marathon, that is who send me here..

12:10 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Fascinating! But how you get up at that ungodly hour is beyond me! And I think it´s wonderful that you spontaneously burst into song. As for snakes, I don´t like them either. They are just scary.

1:37 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I too am afraid of snakes irregardless of size.
Just passing by to say hello from Dr. John.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I should do this meme LOL I'm as weird as you are :)
I think I'd be quite happy with Dean (or Frank) as a lullaby...
And snakes? Lets not go there!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

Okay, getting up at 3:30 to work out is plenty weird, but the rest don't seem all that bizarre to me. ;)

I loathe snakes - just looking at a picture of one in a book gives me the willies. I don't know why or when that started as I was never afraid of snakes as a child. But the phobia is certainly there now.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home