Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Yesterday I started vacation! That's a good thing. Friday D. and I will catch the train (we'll try to catch it when it's standing still ;-)) In Brockville, Ont. We will travel to Montréal, change trains and travel to our final destination..Québec City. The time should be about 5 1/2 hrs. It's closer and less expensive than flying to France. I've never been there (QC) and that is where my ancesters settled when they arrived from France. I'm looking forward to practicing and improving..he says hoping ....my french language skills.

We will be gone for 6 days, returning home Thur. 2nd Nov. we get into Brockville around 2015.

Must remember granddaughter, Hailey's 11th birthday is Nov. 1st.

Since we're not flying to France we decided to splurge on our hotel and stay at Le Chateau Frontenac.


It will be a fantastic time, at least "good." I'm looking forward to sumptuous dining and and sightseeing, and of course picture taking.

In the mean time there are plenty of chores to do around here before we leave.
Yesterday I hauled 500 lbs of books (two old encyclopedias), magazines, and assorted junk to the waste site. I think I'll have another load to haul tomorrow.
L.V. Will come over everyday or so while we're gone to feed and talk to the cats.

Today I spent a fair amount of time getting the new Printer, copier, scanner set up. Trying to get all the computer paraphernalia back in the computer room and out of the kitchen. Made good progress today. Oh yes, the old computer went to the dump yesterday also...minus the hard drive.

Cold here all day, high 30's to low 40's. No precip. though. Some of the trees are still decked out in their autumn finery. The two maples, front and back of the house are the last to drop their leaves. In fact the one in the rear is just starting to turn.

Question for today: If you were president of the USA for one day, what would you do?


All the boats are out of the harbor. Guess that means summers done for this year.

15 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

Have a wonderful time Rel.... the place where you are staying looks so neat! Take some pictures of your room ok? I would love to go thru that building. The lake behind your house is beautiful. Thanks for sharing and have a great time!!!!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

oh...if I was President for 1 day...I would get rid of all those congressmen who are living high off the hog on taxpayers money. I would cut their salaries down to a reasonable rate, I would make them pay for their own health insurance, and I would take away their limos. And if they were caught cheating the American people they would lose their pensions. Now arent you glad you ask???? LOL

7:55 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Wow. what a beautiful hotel.

If I were president for a day, I would quit during the first minute. Talk about a futile job. I have no desire to run this country, I just wish there was a comeptent person who would.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Hey, have a great time in Montreal and Quebec City. I have never been there either, I contemplated traveling to either Montreal or Quebec this past summer, and then ended up going to Cape May instead. Maybe another year...

If I were president for a day, I certainly would arrange to have sex in the Oval office.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd fire the vice president we have right now because i don't trust him...i'd replace him with one of my favorite eachers,someone i totally trust

and then i would go take a nap in Lincoln's bedroom.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Rel:-) I'm finally making my way through the blogs and catching up on all the posts I missed while I was away...I should be in bed by now but I really wanted to visit everyone first:-) What an exciting trip going to Quebec City will be...I was last there in 1975 so it's been a while!! I was in the Chateau Frontenac but only to walk through the lobby:-) You asked about haunted places in Quebec City...check out this link...
http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/publish/
article_3813.shtml
Have a simply wonderful time mon ami and we will certainly be looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing some pictures:-)

1:28 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Hope you have a great time in Quebec City, the Chateau Frontenac looks impressive. I haven't been to Quebec but have visited Montreal and Ottawa - my aunt and five cousins live in Montreal. Happily they are bi-lingual as my French is definitely not up to scratch these days!

2:17 AM  
Blogger DellaB said...

Have a great time Rel - as I am sure you will.

President for a day? I'd make everybody tell the truth for 24 hours - well, the politicians anyway - that would generate some interesting situations..

8:23 AM  
Blogger Chalice said...

I am entirely too jealous of your vacation :) Have a wonderful time!!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I have never been to Quebec City. I have been to Montreal, though, and I loved it. For being a great city, it isn't all that expensive.

Hope you take lots of pictures. I love vacation pictures.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Grish said...

Sweet, sweet vacation. I have never crossed the border into Canada but I might one go one day.

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your holiday Rel. The hotel looks fab!

Why is it that just before we go on vacation we always seem to have so many things to do?:-D

6:53 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Happy relaxing...poetic Holiday to you !!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

Bon voyage to you and your lovely D. A train journey at this time of year, through that part of the country, should be utterly wonderful. I heartily approve of your hotel choice, too. :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip! Sounds like a great itinerary. Take lots of photos, please! Love the poems and Stephen Fry is one of my favourites - his wit is rarely surpassed. If I were president for one day, I'd replace the vp and cabinet so they actually could start fixing all the problems the current administration likes to gloss over or cover up.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home