Saturday, November 25, 2006

25 November, 2006

Day 25 for nablopomo

On monday 13 November, my son J. sent me an e-mail titled: 2006 Holiday edition of getting to know your friends.

I've seen it in similar form around the blogsphere lately and so, that will be my post for today; mine not his ;-)


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate for christmas. Egg nog with Armagnac for New Years. ;-)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? The whole crew (mrs. Claus, elves, and Santa ) wrap, Santa and Reindeer deliver.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope, it didn't commit a crime.

5. When do you put your decorations up? When D. says it's time!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmmm..Meat pie (tourtiere), and ginger bread cookies with hot chocolate.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Going to mid-night mass. Then home to open 1 present before bed.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was five, and I saw him leave all the presents under the tree. (I was still awake when the adults came home from mid-night mass) I heard bells outside and scratching on the roof. I hid my head quickly under my pillow so he wouldn't know I'd seen him.
I've believed in him ever since. One time in the 4th grade my friends tried to tell me that santa was really our parents. Poor saps, No more surprises for them!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? (With Ornaments;-)) My job is to put the tree up in it's stand and to put the strings of lights on. D. proceeds to make it a magical creation of beauty with a combination of antique and newer ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it. I like to shovel snow, play in it, and exercise in it.

12. Can you ice skate? Mais oui mes amis!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, no favorites per se. I'm always pleasantly surprised every year.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Kids! Mine in particular.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Everyone working together to prepare Christmas morning Breakfast.

17. What tops your tree? Rainbow lit star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Of course I enjoy getting gifts, but I really like it best when I can give a real surprise gift that the receiver couldn't guess (for real).

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Too hard!!! I sing Christmas caroles all year long. I just sing louder at this time of the year. Ok Ok, I pick.... Bing Crosby's, White Christmas. Grand-pa Walton's Christmas message is high-up on the list too!

20. Candy canes! Yumm or yuck? Yum yum, plain and as a swizzle stick for hot chocolate.

P.S. Let me know if you've never heard Grandpa Walton's Christmas message.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

Christmas at your house sounds like a lot of fun. Good job Santa has that 5 hour time difference between my house and yours:) And I've never come across Grandpa Walton's Christmas song though I know there's an American TV series called The Waltons - so come on Rel - let's hear it, you'll have to sing extra loud!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Tea said...

Enjoyed reading this Rem, and I`ve never heard Grampa Walton`s Christmas song either. I did love the tv show called the Waltons though :)
....goodnight night John boy, night Grama, night Mary Ellen......
tea
xo

9:38 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Very good Rel!!!! Ive have never heard Grandpa Waltons Christmas message....how did I miss that?

11:35 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I did this meme a few days ago and I so enjoyed it...you know me by now, anything to do with Christmas and I enjoy it! lol Loved your answers, now I know you a little bit more:-) Gosh, I had forgotten about Will Geer narrating the Christmas Message on the Walton's Christmas Album...my mom had it but I'm not sure if she still has the album or not, will have to ask her! Awww sure wish I could send you a meatpie:-) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend Rel!!!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there---

You have me stumped!!! What is Grampa's Christmas message??

Love,
Pam

6:23 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I loved The Waltons when I was a kid and I try to watch the movie, The Homecoming at Christmas when I can find it, but I've never heard Grandpa Walton's Christmas message.

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice little list there. Enjoyed reading it! I'm unsure of what your referring to with the Waltons though so can't say if I've heard it...

1:35 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Fascinating and amusing tidbits here. Hard to believe Christmas is just around the corner!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home