Wednesday, November 08, 2006

November 8th, 2006

Day 8 for nablopomo









I have to run this morning and it's pouring rain. This should be fun...NOT!

Today is election day hangover day. For my local choices; most were elected, but some were not. I expected some of the candidates I voted for to lose. Overal, both locally and nationally, I'm satisfied with the election result. Time will tell whether significant change is in the offing.

Cripes! It's pouring out. Maybe the treadmill is going to get a workout today ;-) RDB (that's lol in french) (Rire Dehors Bruyamment)

My patient assignment for today (tentative...it's alwasys tentative!) is a man who is going to have many needles placed in his prostate through his perineum....yeow-ouch. My job is to keep him comfortably unaware...Yes Martha, that's a good thing.

Quebec City....Mais oui...voila:




Murals painted on the end of a building on Place Royale. See the church, Notre-Dame de Victoires to the left background. Click on murals or here to see and read a description of this mural.


The Chateau from the river thru the leaves. The Funiculaire is in upper r. corner.


Lunch. Next stop; Sainte-Anne de Beaupré

9 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

very nice pictures Rel. The city where I live is called the City of Murals, maybe one day I will take some pictures and post them on my blog.

Good luck on your procedure today....if I was him I would want to be completely OUT! ..it sounds very painful.

Its a rainy day here today too :((. I would rather have snow than rain.

Have a great day Rel!

7:24 AM  
Blogger overactive-imagination said...

Wow Rel!! These pictures from your trip are gorgeous!! I didn't realize that Quebec was so beautiful. Sounds cold but also like you had a fantastic time.

Dawn

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures. Makes the city I live in look positively dull. Coming to think of it - it IS positively dull!

Oh, I've crashed out of NaBloPoMo - I've been to sick to blog

9:51 AM  
Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

Now that is a fantastic set of murals. Often I don't like a blend of old and new in one visual experience, but it really works in this case. I wonder what the founding fathers would think if they could see Quebec now?!

Oooer, don't think I'd want to trade places with your patient today. But I'm sure that you kept him comfortable. :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I love murals in general and those are amazing.

I don't run outside when it's pouring down rain or 20 below zero anymore. the older I get, the less I pressure myself into being a bad-ass.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the mural pics. Haven't seen any sun yet on your trip. Running at all it something I stay away from. Mainly because I walk all day at work.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

It didn't rain here today but it was so dark and dreary, I had to have lamps on all day to see inside the house! lol Oh poor guy, I just know you will make him as comfortable as can be!! Those murals are indeed fabulous...now I'm determined to go to Quebec city again to see all this for myself!! Sainte-Anne de Beaupre...that was one of our stops in 1975. I will never forget the interior view of the Basilica. Isn't the Statue of St. Anne just so beautiful? Do they still have all the crutches, canes, etc. that were left there? Salut mon ami!!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Hope you didn't get too wet yesterday Rel. I tried leaving a comment and Blogger wouldn't let me, it's being a real pain at the moment. Quebec City does look beautiful, my cousins said they would take me there if I come to Canada again. Hope the procedure went well - poor man!
So many nice comments on my blog - thank you:)

2:24 AM  
Blogger Grish said...

love the pics! and ouch to the last paragraph. I mean really reall ouch...

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home