Sunday, November 05, 2006

Prompt for 5 Nov., 2006:

#32 - Morning





Photo from Astronomy magazine.

Morning is my favorite time of the day. It's when I'm at my best mentally as well as physically. It's when I'm freshest. My mind is succulent in the morning; quick to grasp, quick to discern, quick to release it's thoughts.
There is an old adage offering advice on problem solving. It says to "sleep on" a problem and the solution will come to you in the morning. That proposition has proved itself to me many times over.

Morning is a clean slate, or a clean, white, blank sheet of paper and a brand new, just sharpened, #2 pencil. Morning is a gift, another chance to get it right. You can start a new chapter, a new page, in the morning. It's a fresh start.

I like to start my morning early so as to have more of it to enjoy. The first cup of fresh brewed coffee, from freshly ground beans, is the best cup of the day. Early morning walks or jogs are revitalizing. And it's done...out of the way. Crisp fresh air, little or no traffic, dawn breaking on the horizon, the moon waning, flowers unfolding, frost on yesterday's detritus, the birds' song heralding the renewal of day; these are the things that energize and invigorate me. My optimism is at it's peak first thing in the morning. Sanguine, I greet the day.

Morning's new brightness
Brings hope, opportunity.
A new bud opens.

Day 5 of nablopomo.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, We could never never never never..live together.

Like anything else...those who dont have(joy in the morning) are very jealous...and a bit violent..to boot...

I with you peace...now go away..and turn off the light.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I am soooo not a morning person. I'm not so much violent, but more spacey. I need to do everything slowly and I say, "What?" a lot because it takes me so long to come out of my own little world...some days I never get out.

1:12 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I'm a night owl, but I agree with the "morning brings a clean slate," and new possibilities bit. Lovely post and poem.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

My fresh morning page begins much later than yours Rel (lol) but I agree with all you said. I use to walk in the mornings and it was blissful, sets your mood for the whole day. But I am too sleepy too get up in the early mornings....when anybody wants to call me I always say..." Can it wait till Noon? " lol

5:39 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've always been a morning person...to me there's nothing like being up with the birds! In fact, my mom and 4 brothers are also like me...when we get together, we are all up at the crack of dawn while our spouses sleep until 10 a.m! lol In the summer time, I love sitting out on my deck around 6 a.m. and just enjoy the sounds of the birds and just get that early morning "oomph" in my system:-)

6:04 PM  
Blogger red clay said...

i like your description, even tho i don't recognize it.
the only time i like mornings is when i have been up all night doing something wicked.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I am a morning person through and through. I love mornings!

2:49 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Your piece on monrning could have been describing how I feel too, I've always been a morning person and I love the peace and stillness of a new day. The pictures of Quebec City are great - it looks a pretty and interesting place to visit, it's a pity about the weather but it makes it more of an adventure to be fighting the elements too!! Looking forward to reading and seeing more.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Grish said...

Well I'm not so much an early riser but I truly admire people that are. I often wish I were among them...

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear. You write so eloquently about the morning, it almost makes me want to wake up earlier. However, I am just groggy before 8:00AM.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

What a great way to think about morning! It is a fresh start. That is a good thing. This was a very nice post!

:)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Just to let you know, Rel. I don't comment much, due to lack of time but I read it all. I loved the stuff about the trip to Quebec. Oh - Man - I - Need - to - go - there.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rel,

I'm a morning person too. My neighbour and I go walking at 5.30 am most days and we feel as if the world is ours. The birds are singing and everything is so lovely and fresh, the air smells clean with no exhaust fumes - Oh, it's just lovely.

Thanks for the lovely piece of writing.

Hugs

Robyn

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning as a piece of paper with a perfectly sharpened #2 pencil - there couldn't be a more apt metaphor.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home