Saturday, December 16, 2006

Saturday, 16 December, 2006

Today's activities consist of but are not limited to the following:
Post.

Mail more Christmas cards. (the ones received unexpectedly need a return card.)

3 mile walk

To town to do some last hour Shopping.

Hang drapey lights from eaves of front porch.

check honey dew list.

Attend annual Christmas bash at Bonnie and Dick's in their city home.

A NOTE TO MY REGULAR BLOG FRIENDS:


As I'm sure everyone is aware of by now, beta version of blogger is misbehaving (I'm being generous here) as far as allowing comments from non-beta bloggers. You might have entertained the idea that discrimmination was a behavior of past decades. In some cases I've been able to post a comment to a beta using anonymous, or other. But in some cases, not at all.
If not at all, it may be because the individual has disabled anonymous commenting. I'm a computer novice and don't pretend to know very much about how these things work.

I used to think html meant how to make love ;-)

Just to say: If my presence from your comments is missing, it's not from lack of trying!

I hope the gurus at Blogger are getting the message, and fix the problem.


Question of the day:
What is the warmest welcome you ever received?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking of putting same message on my blog. I can't comment on some blogs but I can't figure out why not.

As you can see, commenting on your blog today is not an issue.

Warmest welcome: My cat sitting by the door waiting for me to come home.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I am just as frustrated with Beta as you. I think I'll have to switch sometime this weekend.

The warmest welcome I've ever received? Anytime I came home from work when my daughters' were little, I was welcomed with kisses and arms locked around my legs. Man, I miss that...

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The warmest welcome I've ever received hasn't happened yet. it'll be the next time i go home after a ten-year absence.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

My warmest welcome...well...I was in a 6 year relationship....I hadnt seen him for 3 months....when we seen each other that was the warmest welcome I have ever had...lol. Enough about that...lol.

Hey I like your meaning for html...good one Rel!

I had trouble leaving comments and then I did something....I think it was registering with google ( I dont know a lot about this stuff either) and now I have no problems leaving comments anywhere!

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rel

I've taken the restricted comments thingy off my blog and people seem to be able to post comments more easily now.

The warmest welcome? When my brother and I surprised our mother on her 85th birthday a couple of years ago. We flew to New Zealand and our youngest brother picked us up from the airport and hid us at his place. When mum arrived we snuck up the stairs singing "Happy Birthday".

2:51 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Yes, all that you said about commenting applies to me as well, it's getting very annoying.
The warmest welcome I ever had - when I flew to Montreal and met for the first time my dad's sister and two of my cousins. She went to Canada as a war bride the year before I was born and had never been back to England since, so to see someone from the family after over 40 years was pretty overwhelming for us all.

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'll just retype that comment, shall I, as Blogger has seen fit not to allow it. You'd think by now Blogger would get its act together, let people be abandoning them in droves for a service that's more reliable and less hassle.

As for the warmest welcome I ever received, it was undoubtedly at the Beqaa Refugee Camp outside Amman, Jordan and at a home of poor Palestinians. Despite their poverty, they gave with their heart and spirit. Such joy they expressed at my visit - as though I were the queen! Those people could teach the rest of us something about counting our blessings and true hospitality.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home