Sunday 3rd December, 2006
Sunday Scribblings Day. The Prompt for today is:
#36 - "In the last hour...""It can be fiction or fact. You could start right now and write about the last hour or wait until you've come back from a very interesting hour. You could make up what would have been a wonderful hour, or tell us the truth about the ordinary moments in your life. It could be the last hour of someone's life or even the last hour before someone's life began. Do with it what you will."
As some of you have probably noticed, the longer we live the faster time goes by! In that vein, I'll take some poetic license with the word hour. What passed for an hour was actually more like 3 hours.
1. Awoke at 0500. My watch alarm woke both my wife and I. (she hates that, and for some reason can't go back to sleep if it's my watch alarm that wakes her.)
2. I lazed in bed, day-dreaming and thinking about what I was going to do for the day. I arose at 0555.
3. Did the morning bathroom ritual.
4. Went on-line: checked e-mail, checked my blog, and read all my favorite blogs. Glimpsed at Sunday Scribblings to see how many early-birds had submitted.
5. I read and commented on Paris Parfait's on-line book club book review: Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell.
6. I then read Becca's review of Winters Bone oner at Becca's Byline.
Two quite different and yet similar reviews.
7. Read the Local Newspaper.
8. Changed the lightbulb in the laundry room at my wife's request as she was leaving with B.P. for their training walk. They are going on a sixty mile walk in Spain in April.
9. Changed into my exercise togs and went for a 3 mile brisk walk ( the girls walk too slow for me). Temp. was 31 degrees F. with a stiff breeze coming from the west. I had my i-pod nano on and listened to an eclectic selection of songs.
a. The magnificent Seven..Elmer Bernstein
b. 1812 Overure ..Tchaikovsky
c. It must be him.. vicki Carr
d. 76 Trombones...Robert Preston
e. Abraham, Martin & John...Somon & Gerfuncle
f. Age of Aquarius..5th Dimension
g. Alfie...Vicki Carr
H. Alley Cat... Liberace
j. Beer Barrel Polka...Lawrence Welk
k. Behind Closed Doors...Charlie Rich
m. Candyman... Sammy Davis jr.
n. Chariots of Fire...Magic of Zamfir
o. Delta Dawn...Tanya Tucker
p. Don't let m be lonely tonight...James Taylor.
Appropriately for todays prompt, my walk ended with a vaudville skit by Al Jolson saying: You know Al I was born in the last month of the year, the last day of the month, the last hour of the day, the last minute of the hour, the last second of the minute...You know..I darn near didn't make it here at all.
10. Put my clean laundry away in the various venues; closet and or drawers.
Now I can start my next last hour. ;-)
For more "Last Hours" go here.