Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday 28 December, 2006

4th day of Christmas

The 'four calling birds' are the Evangelists: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John; or their Gospels. Which makes sense because they are "calling" out the story.

Elisabeth did a "Boxing Day" Meme on the 26th that she got from Paperback Writer, called the meme of 4.

Being the 4th day of Christmas, I thought it a good post for today. Since I watch very little TV, I've modified it somewhat.


Four jobs I’ve had:

1. newspaper delivery boy
2. farm hand
3. US Navy hospital corpsman
4.Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist


Four places I’ve lived:

1. Chu lai So. Viet Nam
2. Albany NY
3. Clarksville Tenn.
4. Pusan So. Korea

Four favorite foods:

1. Tourtiere
2. cheese, wine, bread
3. turkey dinner
4. chocolate

Four movies I could watch over and over: (Books to read, for me)

1. French or Foe; Platt
2. Arabian Nights.
3. The Drifters; Michener
4. Bartlett's Poems for Occasions

Four Magazines I enjoy: (instead of tv)

1. Men's Health
2. National Geographic
3. Runners world
4. Journal of AANA

Four places I’ve travelled:

1. France; Paris, and southwest
2. Canada; Ottawa, Montreal, & Quebec
3.Texas; Corpus Christi, Dallas, San Antonio
4. California; Anahiem, San Francisco

Four places I’d like to visit:

1. Italy; Florence
2. Russia; St. Petersburg
3. Australia
4. Netherlands

Four websites I go to daily:

1. Hotmail
2. Blog-mate
favorites
3. NY Times
4. google news



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Rel,

Nice list. I like the chocolate. :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Hey Rel...is that my nipple cup? I made one in ceramics years ago and havent seen it for a while...lol. Nice meme!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Rel - I stayed in Albany, NY for three months when I spent a year in the U.S. back in 1973-74. I was there from early November to the end of December '73, at McCloskey High School.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your list. Wow. You really get around.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe someday you'll write about your experiences in Vietnam. I think most people would be fascinated to read what you went through at such a young age. Interesting tidbits about you, Rel!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Interesting meme Rel.You look as though you've led an interesting life. I'm enjoying reading what each of the twelve days of Christmas represent too, I know the song of course but hadn't come across the meanings before. I like the pic of the four calling birds.

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rel

Good MeMe. So you're another Vietnam Vet - terrible time in history, that, and I think Iraq is another Vietnam in some ways - unwinnable.

Fourth day of Christmas, interesting analogy with the four Gospels, nice too.

Take care

xo

5:59 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Rel, The more I know about you the more I like you!! I want to look through your book shelf!! Interesting cup you have there sir!!

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rei...
thanks for your kind words on my blog. after many years as a shy being, i've cultivated saying what's on my mind. it feels better to me than keeping it all in.

i would love to visit france. after taking 12 years of french in school, beginning in 1st grade, i've been pining for paris. i think i'll get my wish this year around may or june. mon dieu!

happy new year to you!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home