Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tuesday 12 December, 2006

Good morning! Oops, guess that won't work. Ahem, afternoon !

Yupper, ...call last night, tired this morn. Nap at 1300. Good to go now. I did, however, stop at the grocer and pick up some fixin's for supper. Chianti, chicken breast, salad greens, red pepper, red onion, crackers (for the cheese D. bought over the weekend), sliced carrots for steaming, and mixed green and yellow beans. Oh, I did mention Chianti, didn't I?

Weather is balmy, and it's supposed to stay this way for the rest of the week. Christmas without snow is like call without a c-section. ;-) 40°F. currently and sunny too--

A week ago, this past Sunday, we went to Mary-Ann's to pick out our tree and bring it home. We left it out on the back stoop for the week and this immediate past Sunday I brought it into the house and set ti up in the usual place. Hummmmf! " It looked alot better In Mary-Anns lot!"D. said . She's right. I think it probably looked perfect in the forest from which it was ripped. While not a true "Charlie Brown" tree, It's not as perfect as my beloved s-i-l's (Pam) usually is. No, in fact ,it looks just like the traditional tree we always have a great laugh over. With all the ornaments in place it's now a wonderous beeeeeeautiiiifuLL Christmas Tree. Ain't tradition a wonder? ;-))


The tree is plenty full..it's just that some spots are fuller than others.

It's all gangly and disporportioned..too long in some places and too short at others. Green and lush are it's predominate attributes, and of course it is ours! For certain, there are gads if spurs to hang ornaments from.

This year it was a combined decorating party for D. and me. We did a fine job if I don't say so myself.



I think it looks best at night with it's lights lit and photographed sans flash!








I had to do a repair job on Santa's chair:


I was supervised by the elder cat; Cinnamon. So the repair was a success.

His pic is a little blurry. He was shaking his head. I'm not sure if he was saying no to my repair or no, don't take my pic dad.








The "Baby" stayed in the parlor to supervise mom's ministrations to the tree. Mom, who'd just finished washing her hair, definitely said: "if you take my picture looking like this, there wll be dire consequences!" You may notice a conspicuous absence of my tree trimming partner's visage here. ;-)




Question for the day:
What is the most satisfying thing you do each day or week?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, house, tree, tree ornatmates and pets:)

I think your tree looks good and since the cat got to help we all know it's well balanced.

The most satisfying thing I do all day (on a regular basis) might sound a bit selfish..It's sleep. Unless of course you meant something that I actually do in which case it would be getting off work...to come home...to sleep...jk lol have a nice day:)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh, Rel, I just love your tree...you and D certainly did do a wonderful job decorating it!! I say there is no such thing as an "ugly" tree, with some love and care it becomes beautiful:-) I've never had a real tree and I know I'm missing out on something! I'm glad you didn't take a picture of D with her hair wet...I don't think you'd be alive tonight! lol I received your Christmas card today..thank you SO much!! Love the picture too!!! What is the most satisfying thing I do every day? Smile at someone and have them smile back:-)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Rel, your tree looks beautiful! I have never seen an ugly Christmas tree....they are like new born babies....I have never seen an ugly one! But your tree is truly beautiful and you decorated it so pretty!! Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas....everywhereeeeeeee I gooooo. Ooops, no singing while blogging!

I got your card...thank you very much.....yours is all ready to go out. I just have to mosey up to the post office!

so what do I do that is satisfying everyday???? I love to cook..so I would have to say at dinnertime I fix a great meal for Mom and I, we set up our tv trays, get a good movie on, and eat our dinner in the livingroom and its just a nice relaxing enjoyable time.I know your not supposed to eat and watch tv, but we enjoy it. Now if you want to know what I do thats enjoyable weekly....I have to say shop! I love shopping! I am so good at spending money its like I took lessons in it.....lol...ya know?

12:17 AM  
Blogger amelia said...

Have my morning cup of tea.

9:29 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I think it's a wonderful tree - imperfect, just like nature. You've done a great job in decorating it. And the most satisfying thing I do each day or week, depends upon the day or the week! But writing something is important.

Was thrilled to receive your lovely Christmas card yesterday. Merci bien, mon cher ami!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

That is a fine-lookin' tree!

The most satisfying thing I do each day? Kiss my hubby and cuddle my kids.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I love your pre-Christmas post. The tree and pets look great.

The most satisfying thing I do most days, is go running. I'm sure you're not too surprised to hear that, are you?

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Christmas pictures (-:

Most satisfying thing...hmmm...

When my cats are both asleep on top of me. We are all together and snuggly.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Your tree has character and looks great, I think all Christmas trees look good when they are decorated.
Designer trees are fine in magazines but I'd rather have a tree full of ornaments with memories. The bunch of bells that Steve made of egg boxes and silver foil at nursery school 30 years ago would never make Country Homes magazine but it's always on our tree here along with the dreadful shocking pink bear that Steve always loved and I always loathed:)

2:38 AM  
Blogger overactive-imagination said...

I think your tree is gorgeous!! Lots of character.

Still my favorite part of the day is the time when I tuck my daughter into bed. Yes, she's almost 15 now and we do say prayers together before I leave but we also spend a while talking abou our days, what's going on in school and just life in general. We quit reading Dr Suess years ago but is still the best part of my day and I can't think of any better way to wind it up.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree is lovely, rel, so no more of those silly thoughts about it. That's an order! ;)

I was also admiring the glimpses of different spots in your home. How wonderful to see an older home that hasn't been completely modernized. We've kept the old decor that we inherited here, but unfortunately, much had been changed before we took possession.

As for the most satisfying thing I do each day, it's two things, actually. I always sit down with Richard for a cup of tea or coffee when he gets in from work, and always have a "quality time" session with Stephanie at some point during the day, too.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey--- Yours is much nicer than mine, I haven't had a tree up in years!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home