Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Tuesday 26 December, 2006

The 2nd day of Christmas

Two turtle doves = the old and new testament. (The 'two turtle doves' are the Old and New Testaments. Though according to Zondervan's Twelve Days of Christmas the story behind a favorite Christmas song this is the 2 turtle doves sacrificed that Joseph and Mary brought when they presented Jesus at the Temple.)


Christmas day was as perfect as any holiday could be. Our daughter and younger son were /are home. My brother and his wife, as well as my sister ans her hubby...D.'s youngest sister and hubby were in attendance at some point during the day.

Humorous detail: J. our son was passing out cards to his sister and D. and me. Imagine M.'s (daughter) surprise to read...from your son da ta da ta da. Some confusion abounded for a few seconds (M. has no children) while J. determined whether he had purchased two parent cards or had mis-addressed the envelopes..which, in fact, was the case. We had quite a good chuckle over that one.

D. worked tirelessly for weeks to bring about a successful day and succeeded in every way, from a beautifully decorated home to scrumptious repasts and delicious deserts. My daughter presented me with my favorite tortiere (meat pie), while my sister made for me the brazil nut bread/cake, that was a tradition of my mother's. D. prepared a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings on the 24th so that yesterday everyone including "mom" got to enjoy the day without the hassel of cooking.

I hope you all had as pleasant and fun a holiday as we did!

7 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

Your son J reminds me a little bit of my Mother...lol. You have to read my post to understand... A great picture of you and the family Rel. Im glad you all had a very enjoyable Christmas!!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you have Rel. Glad to see that you had a wonderful and relaxing day. :)

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice looking family you have there.

I'm glad your holiday went so well. Did you have leftovers all day yesterday? Sometimes, that's almost even better than the original meal.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How happy you all look - thanks for sharing your memories.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. What a handsome family. (-:

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what fun to put a photo to the face! got a chuckle out of the card story.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Surrounded by love, does it get better than that?
I am happy to see your handsome face!

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home