Monday, January 08, 2007

Monday, 8 January, 2007

Leigh and I didn't go kayaking on Saturday because even though the rain eventually stopped as day dawned, the ensueing foggy mist made the prospect of being on the river less than desireable. The fog lifted by 10 AM. However, the wind that lifted it also whipped up a white-capped roil which discouraged us from proceeding.

Yesterday was 50 F. with calm water and clear sky. So we enter the river in our kayaks at around 1300. The water felt like it was maybe 45 degrees. Not bad, considering it was the 7th of January, and there is usually ice fishing going on in the bay.

It was a great paddle, and we were out for a couple of hours. When we got back to the house we finished off a perfect day with expressos, some port, and a board of assorted cheeses, cold cooked chicken and a glass of red wine.
Gliding, calm water
Quiet relaxation fills
Mind and body subtly

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds divine - and exciting - and exhilerating - and what a perfect way to end the day.

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rel, too damn cold for me. Are you a masochist or something? Lol!

Liked your post on kissing. Can't remember my first real one - kiss, that is. I'll have to dredge the deep dark recesses of my memory and see what I can come up with.

Take care

7:20 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I bet you never thought you'd be kayaking in January! lol This is really unbelievable weather, isn't it!! I'm glad you were able to enjoy a couple of hours of it. Love that picture of the rain drops on the branch!! Hugs xox

8:59 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Sounds like you had a great day.....Ive never been kayaking but it sounds like fun. I really would like to try white water rafting....my son and his wife go and they always have fun. But then I think of Deliverance.....and those toothless men who wanna make you squeal like a pig and I think staying home is a safe alternative!!! lol

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this warm weather is a little disconcerting, but it sure is great to comfortably work-out outside in January. It sounds like a perfect day.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo and images. Sounds like the perfect ending to your day.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Brrrrr, that sounds like a chilly thing to do! Chilly but obviously well-worth it.

Just read your post about first kisses....very cute Rel!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day, capped off in the correct manner...shared with someone very special. Ahhhh...those are magic moments. :)

6:21 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

there were a couple of other things I need to clean up that I didnt mention on my blog but I guess I can say them since Im on your blog :-))

1. Stop pole dancing...its hard on my back.
2. Try to remember I am 58!
3. Try to forget I am 58!
4. Stop going home with ugly men.
5. Stop dropping to the floor every time I hear the word "hoe down".


;-))....ya smilin?

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to canoe and I have been kayaking once. Being alone in the kayak makes me nervous which is why I prefer the canoe.
Anyway, sounds like you are quite active and living on some good fuel:coffee, wine, and yummy food.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home