Monday, January 01, 2007


Monday January 1st, 2007...NEW YEARS DAY...













The 8th day of Christmas...My true love gave to me:
8 maids a-milking. Representing:

The eight Beatitudes: 1) Blessed are the poor in spirit, 2) those who mourn, 3) the meek, 4) those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, 5) the merciful, 6) the pure in heart, 7) the peacemakers, 8) those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake. (Matthew 5:3-10)



In the end, I didn't go out for NYE. Rather, I stayed in, ate a light supper of leftovers, and read more of Stephen King's "on Writing." I was in bed around 2130. I did awaken at 0130, said hey, glad to see you to 2007, and went back to sleep.

Today, NYD 2007 will be just a day off from work. No special celebrations, no big elaborate meal. I will finish off the tourtiere my daughter baked for me. ( btw M. it was delicious, just like aunt Nellie's.)

The Christmas decorations will be hauled up to the attic to lay in repose 'til the celebration is reinacted.

The tree went to stand beside the compost bin to give cover to the wee little birds in the event of winter snow. Next spring it will make it's way to the shredder, or be trucked away by the village PW workers. Kayaking and camp, in recent years have taken precedence over shredding. Besides, the Troy-built shredder needs a new belt. Did I ever tell you what a procrastinator I was/am?

Anyway, as I was saying, today will be just another day in the wheel of time. That's not to say that I don't expect 2007 to be extrodinary. I do, I do! I expect it to bring about major changes.............. to be continued.








I've read 8 of the 11 books in this series, but as the page count gets greater and greater I don't find the time to get into long novels. ie; once I start a "Wheel of Time" book nothing gets done 'til I finish it.

Question for today: What, if any celebrations do you have planned for today?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Rel. Officially this time. :)

No big celebrations planned for today. Richard is at work and Stephanie will probably sleep long. I'm going to tackle the list of ho hum stuff that I've not had the energy for since Christmas and, if I have any energy left over, I'll put Christmas back into boxes in the basement until next year.

Major changes to come this year, eh? I'm intrigued! :)

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice first post of the year.

Today is a lazy day for us. I'll run and then the girls and I always see a movie. It's a tradition passed down from when I was a kid and we were so poor, we never knew if we could afford to see another movie the rest of the year.

I will also take my tree down and put it to the curb so the city can chip it up for park trails.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Happy New Year Rel! No celebrations here, we did finally manage the delayed Christmas Eve board games last night and had a lot of fun but in the main we don't 'do' New Year. I've set up my desk diary for 2007, taken down a good number of the Christmas decorations and,joy of joys, sat here nursing a cold and a headache! I'm thankful that I've nothing worse to worry about! I bear a closer resemblance to Old Mother Riley than the Medieval Rowan right now:)

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. I have no special New Years plans except to go for a nice relaxed run. Happy New Year.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

May the New Year be good and full of happiness for you and yours Rel!

Thank you for you lovely comments and friendship!

Corey

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos and illustrations, Rel. Hope you've had a nice relaxing start to the year.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 2007, Rel!

No celebrations for NYD. Just laze around and get over the last week of 2006! I've been getting a lot of reading done, also.

I have Stephen King's book, "On Writing". Quite an insight into the man, isn't it? It's a good read, though.

I have come across David Baldacci's books. Great suspense novels - very "unputdownable"!

Take care

1:57 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Rel - I did zip. OK, I did get some very late Holiday greeting cards ready to be mailed on Jan. 2. I also finished reading student applications for the Summer Honors Program and sent my rankings to the guy in charge in our Honors Office. In the evening, I watched the French film Les Ripoux which, unfortunately, was never released as a zone 1 DVD.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 2007 to you, too.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home