Saturday, January 27, 2007



Saturday, 27 January, 2007






Janus



Saturnus

It is still Saturday, really almost to late to post for today. I have been struggling with tomorrow's Sunday Scribblings post prompt, chronicles. I read a dozen or so of the early-bird submissions, some of which were quite creative, but as yet nothing worth while has come to the fore of my mind. Thinking, that maybe, if I just start writing, that stimulus alone might crack open the vault of creativity in the recesses of my cluttered mind and bring forth some ideas to which I could expound upon. And so, here I be.......................................................

I'm on call this weekend and like so many other days this month have an under lying feeling that a cold is trying to burst full-blown upon my head, nose and chest. I prefer to work when I'm on call just to avoid the anticipation of the dreaded phone call. After all these years of being on-call the ringing phone still causes the startle reflex to exhibit itself fully.

I slept well and slept-in this morning. meaning I got over 8 hours of sleep. Went to the hospital for a surgical case for nine AM. After this I attended to two epidurals in patients in the ICU. I returned home about twelve thirty. I was fatigued beyond reason and lay down and slept easily for 3 hours. The nagging feeling of a head cold making it self known by voice changes, too frequent nose clearing episodes and just a general feeling of malaise.
***
I was dragged over to the new blogger on Thursday last by Google. The transition was quick and seamless but I'm puzzled as to why some of my commenters, named on previous comments, were changed to Anonymous.

Back to the pad and pencil to record some chronicle..................................................................

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

I can't answer your query regarding "Anonymous", Rel...but it happened to me and also to others but it soon rights itself.

Get yourself a pile of garlic & horseradish tablets and start throwing those down your throat with gallons of fresh orange juice. Go buy a bag of oranges! Then go to bed with a hot lemon drink with a shot or four of rum in it! You'll feel so bad from the overdose of rum, you'll forget about the cold! ;)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Great advice from Lee, Rel. I haven't got a cold but may just partake of the remedy - especially the rum bit. Although I may make that Scotch...don't like rum all that much.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Rel.

Cheers!

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Rel,you don't sound like you at all, colds that haven't quite come out are horrid aren't they? My remedy is a large mug of hot elderflower cordial taken at bedtime. Hope you feel better soon.I've often had to leave comments as Anonymous recently and this morning Blogger won't let me edit my new post on Circle. It's so frustrating. Rowan

3:19 AM  
Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

You're one of several with a cold whom I've come across in the past couple of days. A new form of internet virus perhaps?! The plague has invaded our humble abode, too. Stephanie has a stinker of a cold right now, thanks to the disgusting woman who coughed in her face at Wal-Mart a week or so ago. Manners, people! So far she seems to be keeping the bug to herself, and hopefully it stays that way. My hands are showing distinct evidence of OCD handwashing. ;)

Get well soon, Rel. A muzzy head doesn't suit you one little bit! :)

5:21 AM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Hope you were visited by a blast of inspiration, and that your germs were killed by the very same blast. Feel better soon, Rel!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

If you have a blog account that has not be changed over to Beta, and if you write a comment to an account that has beta, you cannot sign in. The option is to sign in as anonymous or other.

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home