Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday, 16th January, 2007

It's a run day but the temp out side this morning is 13°F. or -11°C.
So, wimp that I am, I'll use the nordic track this morning. Hey it beats doing nothing.

Yahoo! We got snow yesterday. Not alot but probably 3".You'd 'a thought it was snowing dollar bills, the way everybody was going to the windows and making joy filled comments. Really, when I think about it, snow is winter's salvation. Without snow, winter sucks.



1640: addendum. The snow accumulation had grown to 6-8 inches and was in dire need of shoveling. My driveway is 30ft. square. Instead of nordic tracking, I did nordic shoveling for an hour. I had to forego my shower 'til I got to work. Ate a peanut butter sandwich in the car while driving to the hospital (to work). I had supervision so I thought I'd get out early, but Steve's daughter hit a boulder with her car and demolished it (the car, not the boulder). Maybe we should start driving boulders. lol. She wasn't injured. Steve left to help her. Since he's on call today I picked up his room until he got back.

On the up side it's a bright, sunny, snow covered, frigid day. I did get a few descent photos. At least they look good to me.
Hospital/church parking lot viewed from PACU (post anesthesia care unit) at the beginning of yesterdays snow storm. 1.15.07
My garage/gym reflected in a frosted window pane of the stone school house behind my home.
today, 1.16.2007
A frost etched window pane. Stone school house.

The stone schoolhouse.

A photo taken across from the schoolhouse and situated behind and uphill from the garage.
Picture is titled: January 2007, for a contest that Paris Parfait clued me into. It is on The Year of Living Gorgeously Blog

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are divine! I love the perfectly undisturbed snow along the fence. Catch sent me over, I'm glad she did!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

The snow pictures are beautiful Rel.....we have flurries today. Thats all...flurries! You take such nice pictures! The true is beautiful and you are right....winter without snow is just crummy!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

the snow is beautiful...not the true...lol....I hate damn typos! Or maybe my mind is just to fast to keep up with..hahahahahah

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to treamill today because I've been neglecting it. Think I will after work..

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That all looks so wonderfully cosy...I can just imagine myself rugged up in front of a log fire!

11:36 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Lovely shots, Rel, especially that last one.

I'm sure the shovelling was just as good exercise as the treadmill (if slightly more unpleasant!)

Hope you got to eat more than a PB sandwich later in the day.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Beautiful pictures of the snowscape, Rel, I especially like the serenity of that last one. No real snow here yet, but it's colder, but nothing like it is in your neck of the woods!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rel these photos are wonderful - I especially like the one you've entered in the contest! And you're right, winter without snow just doesn't seem like winter. We haven't seen any yet, which is very unusual here.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your snowy pictures. I love the frosty windowpane one and the contest entered one too.

1:59 PM  
Blogger overactive-imagination said...

What gorgeous pictures, Rel. I can't decide which one I like best. As for the beauty shot, I'd have to say the church. I love the ice on the schoolhouse glass too but the last one is awesome as well. Oh well...I just love them all. Great job!
Dawn

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home