Wednesday, January 31, 2007


Wednesday (just barely) 31 January, 2007

I can't believe I'm up this early! I have my alarm set for 0400, and rarely (maybe twice year) does it ring. Usually I'm awake at 0330, and get up by 0345. This morning the alarm went off scaring the wits outta me. I shut it off, got up and while checking my e-mail and blog noticed that in fact it was 0219. Crap! How could that have happened? Easy, didn't check the alarm setting before going to bed. Duh! Good job rel.

On the other hand: Serendipity strikes again. I'll get my post done this morning instead of waiting until this evening. Now for the longest time, I've posted in the morning, but yesterday was the official start of my training for the Ottawa Marathon.
Anyone want to join me? May 25, 26, 27 2007

My mornings will be dedicated to training. Blogging to PM. Today however, since I up, I'll do it now.

Best-selling author Sidney Sheldon dead at 89.

I checked the news from CNN on my desk top, and found out that Author Sydney Sheldon died
I think I've read most of his novels. He had the ability to create those page turners that I just couldn't put down. He was a very talented man, succeeding as a playwright, producer of movies and popular TV series. He didn't start writing novels until age 50.

My friend Catch tagged me to do the following meme:

Things That Scare Me



1. drowning
2. flying
3. causing someones death

People that make me laugh

1. Catch
2. George Carlin
3. Mark Twain

Things I love

1. My family
2. Kayaking
3. France

Things I hate

1. Political rhetoric (ie: B.S.)
2. Killing. Esp. for God
3. Stepping in merde de chien

Things I don't understand

1. Women
2. How an acorn can become such a huge tree
3. the universe

Things on my desk

1. Computer
2. books & magazines
3. a gazillion scraps of paper

Things I'm doing right now

1. duh, typing
2. reading
3. thinking

Three things I want to do before I die

1. Live in France
2. Run the Boston marathon
3. Make a positive impact on as many peoples lives as possible.

Things I can do.

1. Administer anesthesia safely
2. Sing
3. Exercise

Things you want to listen to

1. My ipod
2. natures melodies
3. my inner self.

Things you should never listen to

1. Too loud sounds
2. negativism
3. politicians.

Things I would like to learn

1. Tai chi
2. French
3. patience

Favorite Foods

1. French
2. Italian
3. Oriental

Favorite beverage

1. Red wine
2. Diet pepsi
3. lemon flavored water

TV shows I watched, books I read as a kid

1. Gunsmoke
2. I dream of Jeannie
3. King Arthur

People I would like to tag:

1. Elisabeth
2. Eleanor
3. Churlita

Should they be so inclined.

16 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Good morning Rel:-) Don't forget to set your alarm clock at the RIGHT time my friend! hehe

Ummm about the Ottawa Marathon...I think I'll pass this time:-)

I was saddened to hear of Sidney Sheldon's death...he was indeed a fabulous author and enjoyed watching the films based on his books.

I so enjoyed your answers so the meme...I giggled over the "stepping in merde de chien"! hehe

Have a wonderful day my friend!! xox

6:49 AM  
Blogger Grish said...

Good morning buddy. Have a great day..

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done that alarm thing myself Rel. Usually on the weekends when I don't need it!

That is so cool that you are going to run a marathon. I'll be cheering you on step by step... in the crowd. :)

Great meme, thanks for sharing.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will cheer you on for the Ottawa Marathon, but I can't imagine flying that far just to kill myself running. When you run the Boston Marathon, I'll take you to lunch. Interesting meme, a guy that likes diet pepsi can't be all bad!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

I happily accept the challenge, rel. :) It might take me a couple of days to get it up as the CFS is kicking very hard at the moment. But do it I shall!

Merde de chien - snicker. Although it's not so funny when I'm trying to scrape it off my shoes, be it literally or metaphorically!

I'm not sure about your claim to not understand women. Judging from your blogging fan club, I'd say that you understand us very well. So there!

4:06 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Rel I just left a long comment which disappeared in cyberspace. Good for you for training for the Ottawa Marathon! You have more discipline than I do. I once dated a Dutch triathlete and he trained rain or shine - last I heard he's still running marathons. Your answers are fascinating to read. I suspect you know more about women than you think, but only your wife could tell the real story! :) Sad about Sidney Sheldon - I read a lot of his books and remember The Other Side of Midnight in particular. Good luck with the training - you've inspired me to get out on my bike again.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Great answers Rel...and I am happy to be one of the people who make you laugh! You dont understand women huh? Thats b/c your not supposed to...we are a mysterious, sexual, happy, being...as long as things are going our way! haha

6:37 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Interesting insight into you, Rel...you should accidentally get out of bed early more often. One knows not what one will discover about you!

Sorry...I can't join you on May 25th...however, I'll be cheering on from the side-lines, Down Under! I'll have a cold Crown Lager waiting for you at the finishing line! Perhaps a bowl of pasta and a glass of good red wine later on! ;)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Hey, Rel - congrats on tackling the marathon. I am actually considering taking up running as a form of exercise, but have no clue how to get going. I am way, way out of shape, although it doesn't show (yet). I did the meme, and it will be posted on my blog tomorrow.

Did you see that Eric, at PDP had a photo of a crotte de chien for tomorrow's entry?

7:54 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Rel

You can keep your marathon, thank you very much. I'm not masochistic enough to go in for that kind of self torture.

Oh no! Sidney Sheldon dead. I love his books and like you, have read them all. Loved the page turning, twisted, out of the blue endings.

If you must train for this marathon, enjoy yourself and watch for injuries.

Cheers

Robyn

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the Ottawa Marathon Rel, I shall be cheering you on but running it definitely isn't my idea of a good time so I shall be on the sidelines:)
Lots of interesting answers to the Meme - I think you understand women pretty well! It's usually the men who are sure that they DO understand women who actually don't. Rowan
Apparently I have to be Anonymous again today.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Rel,

Blogger wouldn't let me access your site earlier. I'll do the meme, but I have the stomach flu and am only doing computer in short spurts. I will probably do it tomorrow night if I'm better. Okay?

I loved your answers - so much pressure.

7:18 PM  
Blogger rel said...

Churlita,
Thanks.
No rush. When your feeing A1. Which i hope for your sake is soon.
rel

8:06 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

When you fully understand how an acorn becomes a tree, then you will begin to understand women. :)

8:53 PM  
Blogger DellaB said...

Interesting information about Sidney Sheldon, thanks Rel - I too was a great fan. 89 is a good innings...

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rel...when you come to France you are coming to see me!?!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home