Monday, February 12, 2007

12 February, 2007

We've returned from our weekend in Shangri-la.

As you can note in my last post, we were given a get-a-way weekend by our children to an elegant B&B in Auburn, NY named 10 Fitch. 10 Fitch is the name and the address of this beautiful and comfortable Inn.

All of the Gods worked together to make this a perfect escape.



The 2 1/2 hour drive, while short on a clear day, requires a drive through the "Snowbelt" encompassing Parish, Mexico, and Pulaski. Fortunately the snow was in hiatus on Friday and we encountered only brief, light snow squalls on the trip down to the finger lake region.

Following the expert directions provided by the Inn, we arrived right at three o'clock PM. We were greeted by Jay, husband to the Innkeeper, Katie Hess who showed us to our room and gave us a tour of the Inn.
Main downstairs hall leading past front door to the library.


Main staircase viewed from the dining room.

We went up to our suit via a circular staircase down the hall to the left of the above view which brought us to the door to our English suite.

After we settled in, Jay started a real fire with real wood in the real fireplace in our bedroom.

Then he brought us two glasses of a smooth dry red wine and some hors d'oeuvre.






Fresh daffodils on the dresser portends the coming Spring.
At 1615, our masseuses, Maria, and Michelle arrive to give us our in-room massage. Michelle asked me how much pressure I'd like applied. I told her to try to hurt me. She did a magnificent job and she didn't cause me any discomfort. It was perfect.

We had dinner reservations at Mirbeau's French restaurant "Giverny" for seven pm.
*****
Since it's time for me to hit the gym, I'll describe our absolutely divine French cuisine in the next post...................

Window curtain in the bathroom.

8 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

What a beautiful place! You and D look very relaxed. Im glad you didnt get into any of that snowstorm. I thought about you two when I heard about it. I so enjoy the pictures! Good to have you both back safe and sound.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

It looks perfect - glad that everything lived up to expectations and that you both enjoyed yourselves.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

How hard was it to come back after that?

I always want the massage to hurt too.

I'm glad to hear you had a nice trip.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Rel, it does sound like you two had the perfect weekend!! So very romantic and what a beautiful place to stay at! I've never had a massage in my life...I know, I'm so deprived! lol Glad you got home safely and looking forward to hearing about the rest of your weekend:-) Hugs xox

5:22 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

So glad you had a wonderful weekend, Rel...I was beginning to think we might have lost you to the joys of the pleasures of the B&B! :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Such a wonderful getaway.
You lucked out! The place looks divine.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

You two look so cute and happy together. Glad the weekend was just what you hoped for!

3:45 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

The photos of you and your beautiful wife are fantastic! And thanks for posting all the lovely pictures of the decor. Sounds like a splendid place!

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home