Friday, February 09, 2007


Friday, 9 February, 2007

The temperature is 0°F with fair skies. The wind at 7 mph from the west makes it feel like -12° F.

In a few hours we will be going away for a get-a-way weekend.

This last Christmas, our three children pooled their resources and purchased a gift for us of a weekend at an elegant bed and breakfast in Auburn New York.

Auburn is in the Finger Lakes region of NY, and is also the premier wine producing area of NY. The wknd does include a 6 hour chauffeured wine tasting tour.

Package includes: 2 Nights accommodations in a fireplaced 3 room suite, Full breakfast served in the dining room or privacy of your suite by request, 2 glasses of wine at a local restaurant, Fresh flowers in your room for your loved one, 6 Hour private wine tour of the Finger Lakes Wineries in a luxury sedan, Couples Massage in your room fireside (or if you've been really bad give them both to her!), Champagne and Strawberries served in your Suite after dinner with a fire awaiting your return.

Dining roomAdd Image




English suite bedroom
English suite Bed

English suite bathroom

Grand Elegance is what you will encounter at 10 Fitch, a luxurious Inn conveniently located in the Historic District of Auburn within New York's Finger Lakes Region, just minutes from the beautiful village of Skaneateles and the wineries. The property was built in 1904 with entertaining in mind, and restoration was completed in the fall of 2005. The comfortable and private atmosphere offers the hospitality and warm charm of a bed and breakfast in luxurious style, and is sure to please even the most discerning of guests.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Beautiful! I wouldn't know who to kiss first, the wife or the lovely kids who gave you this magnificent gift!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

Gee, I don't know, rel. That just doesn't look like the kind of place that anyone could really enjoy. Talk about bare bones accommodations, with little do to while you're there. Says she sarcastically, while turning green with envy! Good thing green is one of my best colours! :)

But I'm not so envious that I can't wish you and your dearest one a fabulous, romantic weekend. Like you could have any other kind in those surroundings!

P.S. Sorry about the two deleted comments above. Something went wonky when I tried to post earlier and what appeared was pure gibberish. Weird.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks absolutely fabulous Rel! Just my kind of thing - hope you and D have a wonderful weekend
- remember it includes a wine- TASTING event, this doesn't mean that you knock back two glasses of everything you are offered!:):) Have fun. Rowan

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to go to! Can I ? CanI? lol. You two will have a ball! Looks like a lovely place!! Enjoy yourselves!

Tis me..Catch

12:48 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Oh man, you should write a book on childraising. I would buy it in a second if it made my girls turn into adults who would treat me to that. You're a lucky man.

2:18 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Looks like a fabulous place - and what a wonderful gift! I don't have to remind you to enjoy every moment!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Rel...what a fabulous place to be going to! Look at that suite bathroom!! Sheesh! What a wonderful gift for your kids to have given you...all I can say is ENJOY and I just know you'll love all that wine tasting! lol Hugs xox

7:52 PM  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Ooooh I want to get away so badly right now - this is pushing me to really get to work on checking out travel arrangements!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

What a fabulous suite! I love the Regency wallpaper. A six hour chaffeured tour of a winery, massage...I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven with that lot!

I hope you and your loved one have a wonderful weekend, Rel. I want to hear all about it when you come back...on second thoughts, not all - just the uncensored bits.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Hope you had a wonderful weekend, Rel!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Ahhhhhhh!

He's a softy.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home