Saturday, April 28, 2007


D. and her trek partners made it back from Spain safely, but exhausted last Saturday at midnight. It's taken D. all week to overcome jet lag and the after affects of their 75 mile trek through the Pyrenees.

She took scads of photos and brought back many souvenirs, as well as some funny tales. It's her story to tell however so I'll leave it at that.

***************

Spring made a return visit this week, after ridding her self of the late blanket of heavy wet snow that interrupted her earlier emergence. The flowers just seemed to put themselves on hold 'til the snow disappeared.

Unfortunately the snow did more than make pretty pictures. Today (this morning) I spent cleaning up the debris from downed lilac trees and half a honeysuckle bush that bit the" dust", or damp loam if you prefer. Lots of kindling and sweet smelling fire wood for camp fires this summer at the cottage on the river. I used a hand saw since I figured that mixing gas and getting the chainsaw in working order would take considerably longer. In the process of cutting up the felled lilac I knelt down and, of course, reinjured my right knee that was just starting to feel normal after the injury a couple months ago. That cinches it...I won't be running in the Ottawa marathon this year.




















Now I'm off to write a Sunday scribbling about "wings"

P.S.
to #23;
I was climbing a ladder into the tree in the backyard today to cut out some dead wood. This was of course after I'd reinjured the knee. My neighbor Bill was out in his adjoining yard and he said, "aren't you a little old for that tree climbing bit?"
I answered,"Nope, I'm only 29 you know!"
He shook his head and smiled. ;-)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jellyhead said...

Rel, I'm really sorry to hear you've injured your knee again and won't be able to run in the Ottawa marathon.

Hopefully having D back home will cheer you, and all those gorgeous flowers nearby will lift your spirits, too.

Speedy healing :)

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! You must have missed your wife and be so happy to have her back home.
I love how you answered your neighbour!
As long as there are trees, I can't imagine you not climbing them.
Injured knee or not!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Bad luck about the knee, Rel...bummer. Still it must be nice for you to have D home. As long as she enjoyed the whole experience, the jet lag can be coped with.

Grape hyacinths, bluebells and daffodils...I love spring bulbs. They can be grown in Queensland but do better in the places like Tamborine Mountain where Lee lives. It's cooler and there's more rain.

Have a great weekend, Rel.

2:09 AM  
Blogger dmarks said...

Nice pictures. I forgot to get the daffodil pics up in time on my blog!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm so happy to hear that D made is home sound and safe...I can imagine though, how tired she is after such a trip! Looks like she brought lots of goodies home:-) Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear you've reinjured your knee...our minds may feel young but our bodies let us know in no uncertain terms that we aren't any longer! xox

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forever 29 — YES!

I see it on bumper stickers, t-shirts, billboards.

"Real age" is a weird combination of state of mind and state of body.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Beautiful photos of spring. So clear, clean and fresh - just like spring.
(Age is relative you know!)

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home