Thursday, May 17, 2007







DULLERS


In the morning lockerroom

Came Stephen with a query...

What makes the earth seem

On rainy days, so verdant, green,

and brillant

That isn't there when sprinkled

From the tap?


Dullers, I said as quick as

I could form the words, my

Face set serious as stone,

Quickly he looked at me

And repeated in disbelief...

Dullers?


Waters water says he

Whether sprayed from sky or else.


Not so says I.

Let mw here explain:

Microscopic elements residing

In the earth, are washed

Into lakes and riverbeds.

Dullers these are called and

Disolve in the water.


When sucked and pumped upon

Your lawn a coat of dullers

Lays upon the here-to-fore

Verdant carpet there.

Until the sky washes them

away .

The cycle of the dullers.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger gautami tripathy said...

I enjoyed reading this. Very interesting explanation. Very vivid imagery too. Dullers works for me.

"..a coat of dullers
Lays upon the here-to-fore
Verdant carpet there.
Until the sky washes them
away.." .

11:31 AM  
Blogger Regina said...

You learn something new everyday- and how entertaining, too!
Thanks, Rel!

12:46 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Dullers? Rel, you are full of surprises! Very entertaining poem.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I always love your take on things.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Dullers, huh? Who knew! Great, funny poem Rel!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

How clever of you! I believe "A coat of dullers" lies upon all of us at some time or another, just waiting for a good rain to make us "verdant" once again.

Love this :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Rel, I love your way with words and the humour you often put in those words:-)Wonderfully written! xox

7:50 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Words, words, wonderful words!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I LOVE this poem!!! Write more like that ... you have a gift for the funny poem.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I should have none it was all caused by dullers. You so made me smile. Thank goodness today it was rain that brought true green.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home