Tuesday, May 08, 2007


Week 49 - Sleep




John William Waterhouse, Sleep and His Half Brother Death 1874
Hypnos, Greek god of sleep, and his brother, Thanatos, god of death, as painted
by John William Waterhouse (1849-1917). Hypnos was the father of Morpheus


Our final refuge,
Laid to rest, marked with stone.
The ultimate sleep.


Days end exhausted,
All energy expended.
Slumber recharges.

Eyes close
Heavy with fatigue.
Dreams.

Cuddle, spoon, sleep.
Warmth shared together
Body, spirit ...one

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Aha...sleep...one of my favourite pastimes! ;)

1:32 AM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Now if only I could subdue my thoughts I could partake in much needed slumber! Wonderful poem.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

The ultimate. Makes it sound comforting.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Now I'm ready for a nap.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Such simple words but put together like you did, mean so very much!! Love it Rel! xox

7:44 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

zzzzzzzzzzz....lol. When I think of cuddling and warmth I feel hot....I have to have cold when I sleep....you could hang a side of beef in my bedroom its so cold...winter and summer. You cal almost see your breath when you breath!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

These were all wonderful especially the cuddle one :) I learned a little in the read and that's always a good thing. XXOO

4:59 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

These are terrific and diverse haiku - and a timely a reminder that I never seem to get enough sleep these days.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you do this on purpose....
This post is under five reason to get out of bed? I'd get out of bed too if this guy was sleeping next to me!

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home