Friday, May 11, 2007


We're off to spend Mother's Day weekend at 10 Fitch. This is the B&B we visited in Feb as a Christmas gift from our children. This time two of our children and their companions will be joining us. The 6 of us will have the place to ourselves and as a bonus the resident chef (for scrumptious breakfasts), Katie Carter, has agreed to prepare a dinner for us on Saturday night. The Inn's proprietress, Katie Hess mentioned that Katie C. had recently undergone surgery. In spite of this, Katie C. agreed to do us the honor of making dinner and she will have her beau, Sean (a chef from neighboring Skaneateles) assist her. A big thank you to Katie C. and Sean.


Sean, rel, D., Katie C.

We'll drive down this afternoon. It's a 2 1/2 hr drive for us and for Michelle and Josh coming from Albany, and Jacob and Kristi from Buffalo. Now that's convenient! There are no definite plans for any activities. The area offers a multitude of choices, so I'm sure we'll have no trouble entertaining ourselves.




Skaneateles
Nearby village of Skaneateles has many unique shops and boutiques as well as fine restaurants to dine in. The lake is one of the fingerlakes and is noted for being the 2nd cleanest lake in the Country! Enjoy swimming, sailing and boating or just enjoying the crystal clear view.


The Library
Curl up next to the fire with a good book or turn your favorite game on TV. Our library is all mahogany, with seating that just doesn't seem to want to let you go. The dark and masculine look of an animal rug and buttery leather chair brings comfort and warmth to this classic library.

I'm certain that we'll be watching the hockey game between the Buffalo Sabres and the Ottawa Senators on Saturday night.

In doing a Google search I find that 10 Fitch has been put on the market as of 25 April, 2007, for $799,000. It's a beautiful place that's been tastefully remodeled.

I'll be back next week!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Hey, it sounds wonderful. Have a wonderful time. I'm so jealous.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I know how much you enjoyed your stay there in Febuary and I know you'll enjoy it again...it will be quite different seeing it now compared to in the wintertime! Look forward to hearing all about it and seeing new pictures:-) Have fun and safe travels!! xox

3:51 PM  
Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

It's beautiful, can't help but relax there, I think. Hope you post more photos! I'm tagging you in a few minutes at Tumbled Words - Chinese Freeze Tag to post 10 interesting things about you, I know you could do this time and again and still not run dry. Then tag 10 more fascinating people. In your spare time, of course.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Have a fantastic time! Now I am off to find me a ma that wil locate the place you describe - it sounds just perfect. I love the name - is it a Native American name?

9:59 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

That is map - not a mother!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Now those are the sorts of friends to cultivate...the ones that do lovely things like that for you!

Have a wonderful day with your family, Rel.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

I hope you have a warm and happy family get-together Rel.

Tell us all about it when you return!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I bet you had a wonderful weekend, Rel...I'm eagerly waiting to read what you have to say about it...I know you're going to make me very envious! :)

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home