Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Yesterday was Summer in full, Hot, humid, sunny, and muggy glory. A day for taking advantage of the nearby river. Alas, the hot humid day brought with it some forceful wind. Forceful enough to white cap the river and portend a rough and rigorous kayak paddle. Now, that's not to say that I shun a vigorous paddle. On a hot humid day working up a sweat is not my idea of a relaxing float.

On my way home to do the chores; feed the cats, bring in the trash container, and weed the garden, I stopped to pick-up the mail and I was pleasantly surprised to receive a package from Amazon. Enclosed was:

Faeries of Dreamdark. Blackbringer by Laini Taylor
.

I preordered this book from Amazon a couple of months ago. Laini Taylor is One of the duo who started the Blog: Sunday Scribblings. A blog offering a weekly prompt by either herself or Megg Genge , to which contributors offer their responses in either prose or poetry.

I started reading the book last night after supper and read the first 5 chapters. Now that I'm hooked I'll have to finish it today. I haven't visited the faerie world in quite some time, probably not since LOR. I always enjoy those visits and this is no exception. Any book that can grab a young readers attention and hold it as this one does is just what I'm looking for.

I might say that it's almost as relaxing as a smooth water kayak ride. ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

I must try to get that book...anything on faeries! lol Then the tricky part will come...trying to find time to read it!! It was hot and humid here too yesterday with very strong winds so I guess we're pretty much having the same kind of weather. Take care of yourself my friend!! xox

4:29 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

It was hot and humid here too. I had to wait until 8 pm to go running.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

It's chilly, chilly, chilly down this way, Rel. I'm about to go and pick up a book..but have a few blogs I must catch up on first.

Take care. :)

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rel!
Wow -- thanks for buying my book, and for helping me spread the word! I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. I'm honored.

Best, Laini
(I can't log in for some reason right now!)

1:11 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Nothing like hitting upon a good book you can hardly put down!Im always a little disappointed at the end b/c its over. When I find a good book I want everyone to read it..lol.

I live right on the Ohio River, I can walk to it. We grew up boating and were always on the river. I never thought about how lucky we were to have a big river practically in our backyard. I thought everybody did! lol

2:51 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

That looks an interesting book, Rel. Hope you enjoy it.

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home