Sunday, July 29, 2007

#70 Phenomenon




If a piece for S.S. ever turns out to be what I planned, that will be a phenomenon.

I was going to write about the phenomenon of long lasting marriages. The extraordinary effort required on the part of both partners to stay married to the same person for 40 years is a rare enough occurrence to qualify as an impressive, remarkable event.








But then I thought about the first time I witnessed a lens implant in a person's eye for the treatment of a cataract. At the time I remarked that this was truly one more miracle of modern medicine.










The idea of writing this scribble on a blog through the internet had me pondering about the practice of communicating with people from all corners of the planet quickly and even simultaneously. The enormity of the number of improbable connections that are made minute to minute "bloggles" the mind. We "talk" across the backyard fence of the internet to real people from every continent. Something here-to-fore we could only imagine doing.

The above thoughts and ideas were coalesced over the course of yesterday in a vague manner, and then this morning more concretely. I set these aside as I set out to meet my wife of forty plus years for breakfast at the new diner that opened recently. During our repast the conversation turned to my mental outline for a piece to write about about God, heaven, and the Catholic Pope saying the Catholic church was the one true church (Not for today's post.)

Now, if I'm right, or even if I'm not, if the concept is as believable as Dan Brown's Story about Jesus marrying Mary Magdeline and having children. And, if I write a book about my concept and it's as wildly successful as the Da Vinci Code...... That indeed would be PHENOMENAL!






OH!---You thought I was going to tell you what my idea is?

I'm off to start writing the first draft of this work of fiction.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

What a phenomenal idea for a post! Very interesting Scribbles, though.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

Mr. Sparkle and I have been married for 21 years now- that is a phenomenon considering 1 out 2 marriages end in divorce. Congrats on your 40 plus years together!
Love the book idea!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

A phenomenal post my friend:-) I think the most phenomenal subject is the one of being married 40 years! lol I've been married 31 years but "separated" for 6 years although still sharing the house. The DaVinci Code certainly has been making the news again lately...pretty interesting stuff!! Hope you're feeling 100% real soon!!! xox

6:24 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

A book and a happy long lasting marriage? Can't beat that! I loved the pictures too. HUGS

Good luck on the book you tease, you! ;)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I wonder if I will ever do anything phenomenonal! Probably not! Maybe I should try! I might surprise myself and everyone else! ;)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

It is quite a fete to stay married to the same person for 40 years! And not a common thing anymore. None of us started out intending to be divorced, but sometimes it just happens that way and sometimes its for the best. But I applaud anyone who had managed to work out their differences and stay together they way God intended it to be. You and D are one of the lucky ones! God bless.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Great take on all those Phenomenal things. Love the book idea. Good luck! :)

11:18 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Finding the person you could spend 40 years with would count as a miracle in my book.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Excellent post, I like the way you connect things here.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Sherri B. said...

Your post was phenomenal...I enjoyed reading it!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marriage is a phenomenon that has lasted for ages. You did well to write about it. Thanks!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are phenomenal! I love the way your mind works.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Rel. I am positive it will be a smash. Great idea I am sure. :)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh, what an excellent post. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Your thoughts/writings always leave me thinking and/or pleasured. Will look forward to the book!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Great post. By the way at 40 years you still have a long way to go. My grandparents managed to notch up 72 years of married life. Now they were a phenomenon - in more ways than one.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

We have to WAIT?!!

sigh.

Ok.

I know it will be well worth the wait... I'm sure it will be an excellent read.


Scarlett & V.

4:09 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

You are hilarious, Rel! And it is quite the accomplishment for people to stay married (to the same person) for 40 years. When I was in college, one of my best friend's mom was making the point to us that we didn't need to rush into marriage. She said, "Even if you get married when you're 25, you'll probably be married for 50 years. Fifty years to the same person!" And the way she said it sounded a little like a death sentence. :)

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home