Friday, August 31, 2007


As a final tribute to Poetry Thursday, Liz has asked that we wander through our own past Poetry Thursday contributions and find one that we want to share again.
Although my poem choice was never offered in response to the weekly prompt, It was offered as part of a comment on Claire Harnett's "participant feature." by Claire April 4th, 2007 in participant feature stories.

My comment, in part, plus my poem is below

I came here (to PT) frightened of writing poetry. As is the case with most things, my fear was due to ignorance. All the poets here have taught me that if you try they will help you.

Clogyrnach to Poetry Thursday




‘ere I found Poetry Thursday
Poetic form was my mainstay.
Free form did not fit.
As luck would have it,
loosely knit
was okay.

rel
Photo by DAL

Thank you Liz and Dana, And to each and every poet who came to Poetry Thursday and were totally supportive of my efforts every way. My love affair with poetry is all you're fault ;-))

10 Comments:

Blogger Tumblewords: said...

As a relative newcomer to PT but having read each of your posts since arriving, I rather assumed you were a professional poet. Hmmm. So, now I learn that fear lurks everywhere! See you at the next site! :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

How sweet. I love your poems and you always couple them with such amazing photos. It's all so aesthetically pleasing.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

if that fine example of a poem is anything to go by, you already knew more than you thought you knew about the crafty art of poetry-writing! ;)

4:59 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I don't write poetry but I've always loved coming over here and reading yours:-) You have a gift of writing, Rel, just like your father did...what a wonderful trait to pass on to his son!! xox

12:29 PM  
Blogger GreenishLady said...

Ah. You've left me with a smile on my face. That's great - and the photo, too. See you at the Big Asterisk.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

And here I was thinking you'd been writing "poetery" for years, Rel. You had me fooled.

So...what are you going to do now? Are we going to see anymore of your poems? Please don't disappear off the blogosphere, will you...

8:56 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Have I missed something in my absence?

Why is Poetry Thursday ceasing?

It looks like you've got a couple of busy months ahead of you, Rel.

Sorry I've not been around for a few days...life got in the way and I got swamped a little. ;)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

So... is poetry thursday over now? Is that the gist of this?

Yikes!

Love yours, it's always excellent, as are your photos. I delight in every one you post.

Thank you so much for them.


Scarlett & V.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came here to say Bonjour and to see if you are heading towards France...what is this poetry Thursday is ending?
Hopefully your poems will not.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiel Aisha Ansari and I, Mike McCulley, have created a 'poetry exchange' blog at Totally Optional Prompts , and you are invited to participate.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home