Tuesday, September 11, 2007



Inaugral Post



My Imaginary Life


I have no imaginary life. I have no imaginary life because I am an imaginary life. Some other being, who reveals himself to me rarely and obscurely lives out his fantasies through me; his alter ego, his dream-wish fulfiller.

Therefore at any given time I might be a professional snow shoveler, or a painter of houses who does such magnificent work every home owner in town is clamoring for my services. I'm a gardener and grass mower of extrodinary skill and a master of ecological techniques...my compost pile is the envy of the gardening world. At various times I'm a peacemaker, a diplomat, or a statesman with the ultimate solution for a world peace. On the reverse I'm the ultimate warrior, able to wreak havoc and retribution on my enemies...those would be the pea brains who don't see things the way I do.

Sometimes I'm a hermit living in a wood, self sufficient and skilled in survivalist skills. Always hard working and tireless going about my chores; Cutting, splitting, and stacking a whole winters wood supply in a weeks time.

Whether I live in an exotic urban city or a rustic, pastorial village, I am always a writer. Often a poet and other times a memoirist. Lately HE has been trying to make my his novelist...I can't wait to see how he proceeds with this one.

On the subject of gender; I say he and his because I'm of the male gender when I catch my reflection in a looking glass, but for sure my imaginer could easily be a female who has created me to live out her male fantasies. But until s-he reveals the truth to me I'll be a male in his-er image.


Did I mention what a spectacular and exceptional photographer I am? Well let me tell you, Ansel adams has nothing on me.

Lastly, for now, what I ain't is rich and famous. Don't get me wrong, I have a full and rich life and I enjoy living out my muse's fantasies, but I'm going to have to talk to him about the rich and famous thing. I mean what harm can it do? I'll tell you this though, If he does make me rich and famous I'll indulge myself and create an alter ego to live out my fantasies.

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gave us a very insightful post.
Sometimes we ourselvesdo not know what role we are going to play the next moment.

We are into role-playing for one thing or the other. All our facets are not even clear to our ownselves.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Regina said...

Well, with Mr. Sparkle gone, I am looking for a lawn mower of extraordinary skill. My address is...
Seriously, though, rel- this was a fascinating look at "your" life... I think we can all relate to just how real or not real our lives sometimes seem...
I've missed you!
xo

10:01 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Ohhh fabulous, a brilliant piece Thank YOU!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Gill said...

Very nice, a glimpse into your world.
xo
Blue

10:59 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Very clever Rel...a man of such versatile talents! And I suspect you are very rich in all the things that matter (although who would turn down an extra million or two?).

11:24 AM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Your post and the picture are full of fun and truth. It's a good thing we can feel rich without actually being there. I'm rich but have no cash flow - my income is not fixed but broken. And yet...

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. And yes, you are quite the writer!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I enjoyed your creative flair on your journey through life. The rich and famous part can be over rated...or not. lol

12:55 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

love the turn around at the end...what a rich life you lead at the hands of your muse!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful imagination-
Great writing, as usual! :)
D

1:47 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Well I absolutely love the words and images offered up by both of you, so please indulge all of us and continue!

Scarlett & V.

PS - I'm parking it on your beach for a while. The sand and trees are lovely. Viaggiatore is already swimming and I am all stretched out under the palms.
Thanks.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

What a wonderful angle - that of being your muse's imaginary creature, and such a delightfully depicted one at that.

I'll definitely be back to read more.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

This is a delightful account of a very real life. Thank you for making me smile. (There was not a bit of manipulation in it :-) for I went gladly!) Hats off to you...

4:18 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I would love to have lots of money, but I would never want to be famous. You'd have to think to much about what you looked like when you left the house.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

How clever of you~looking at life through the writer's eye gives our daily existence a whole new meaning.

I wouldn't mind adding a touch of the rich and famous to my own little imaginary scenario ;)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

How creative Rel! You certainly are a man of many talents (and not all imaginary either I'm sure!)

Thanks also for you recent comment. I think I must be presenting myself as way nicer than I really am (writer's licence and all!), but thank you anyway. You know I am one of your biggest fans, too :)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

Hi Rel! I love all the different sides of you -- and what an enjoyable read. I love that line "I am an imaginary life" -- this is brilliant.
:)

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an imaginative take on the prompt - rather appropriate, given the topic!

2:45 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Yes, rich would be good, Rel. Don't know about famous...I like my privacy. However I have a very rich imaginary world/alter ego that I inhabit...it's fun and I actually get some really good ideas from it, too.

Apparently, it's very healthy and good for us...here's to imagination and the interior worlds we inhabit!

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rel,

Anytime He wants a ride let me know. We can go off together and write that novel.

Have a great time in France my friend.

Rose

xo

8:15 AM  
Blogger Rob Kistner said...

I loved the perspective you took with this piece... sort of turning the view inside out. The many 'hats' you have to wear to fulfill his imaginary lives.

Thanks for sharing this on the island.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I love this post, having a full and rich life is much better than being rich and famous. Have a wonderful time on your trip to France - hope He enjoys it too:)

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home