Sunday, December 30, 2007








# 91 - Now and Then

Then: Alcohol lubricated the libido.

Now: Alcohol puts the libido to sleep.

Then: Make the music so loud we can’t talk

Now: Can you turn that down a little?

Then: Meet at a friend’s house at 6pm for a few and noshing.

Now: Meet a friend for the early bird special at the golden coral.

Then: Drink ‘til you dance like Fred and Ginger.

Now: Watch the Ball drop if you can stay awake that long.

Then: Pay $100.00 for party reservations; dinner included.

Now: $15.00 for a DVD of Dr. Zhivago; leftovers for supper.

Then: Two bottles of Dom Pérignon.

Now: Two 4 ounce glasses of Asti.

Then: Your parents listened to Guy Lombardo.

Now: You listen to Guy Lumbago.

Then: You woke up late and felt like you’d been run over buy a Mack Truck

Now: You meet friends for brunch and talk about the “good ol’ days”.

Then: Went to bed at 4am.

Now: Get up at 4am to empty your bladder.

Then: Wrote a list of New Year’s resolutions with expectations of success.

Now: Make sure my will is up to date.

Then: I didn’t like New Years Eve parties.

Now: Still don’t like New Year’s Eve parties.

Now and then it’s good to look back before you plan ahead!




Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Tumblewords: said...

I don't know why I'm laughing. This is serious stuff. LOL Things just happen... I like the fractal posted above, too!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I laughed too...and this is serious business, this getting older, this change that happens upon us. But I totally agree...it is good to look back before you plan ahead. Well said!!!
Happy New Year to you too!!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Rel, this is hilarious and so very true. I am in the same "now" as you.

Happy New Year - party on!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Linda Jacobs said...

Yup, you made me smile, too! I honestly love this NOW so much better than that THEN. Good writing!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Isnt it the truth Rel? These are the days when our backs go out more than we do!!! I do think if I could find a wild kickass New Years Eve party I might just attend....Im just in that kind of a mood ;))

2:27 PM  
Blogger luzie said...

this made a great read.. and i still don't like new year's either. i'm only 25 and have NEVER liked it, and i doubt i ever will.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Great piece of writing Rel - hope you and D had a wonderful Christmas and I wish both of you a very Happy New Year.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Forgetfulone said...

So true! I really enjoyed your post.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Chipper said...

It was pretty funny!! I hope you have a great New years!!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I love your now and thens. They are so true.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are right on, rel. You are so succinct in this honest assessment -- and it is hilarious. :)

Happy new year's to you!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

That's the sad part...it's all true! lol I had a hard time keeping my eyes open until midnight last night...I remember a time when I could party until 4 a.m.!! hehe

New Year is a time for celebration of love, of life, of friendship. It's the time to thank God for wonderful friends, and to bring to their lives as much magic as they bring to ours...so here's celebrating our friendship and praying that its magic continues forever. Happy New Year to you and yours dear Rel! xoxo

8:20 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Absolutely true. LOL We have to laugh at ourselves. Happy New Year to you and your family, Rel. May it be a great one.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home