Wednesday, December 12, 2007


Morristown teen is runner-up in CMT competitionUpdated: 12/11/2007 7:52 PMBy: Katie Morse

MORRISTOWN, N.Y. -- Morristown students counted the seconds until the winner of the CMT competition was announced.Macy VanArnam came in second place and took the news like a true champion.
"You know what? I'm ok. You know, if I win or lost it's been an amazing experience for everything, and coming in second place, you know, that's nothing to shake a stick at, so I'm very excited and I'm grateful to be here, so I'm completely satisfied,” said VanArnam.
She performed for her classmates and thanked everyone for their support.
"I totally credit the small town for, you know, everybody knows everybody, and everybody is pulling for everybody. You can fight with your neighbor and argue back and forth but at the end of the day you know we're going to stick together," VanArnam said.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Teen takes second place in national competitionMorristown students counted the seconds until the winner of the CMT competition was announced.
Even though Macy isn't headed to Nashville quite yet her friends and family who gathered in the gymnasium today say they couldn't be more proud of here, and they know that fame isn't far away.
"To us she's number one in our books. No matter what she's still going to be number one. I mean, she's done so well for herself and we're all really proud of her,” said friend Sarah LaBarge.
"She took the news very, very well, and I knew she'd be o.k. either way, so it's, I can't just say enough good things about her. You know, we love her and we're proud of her and excited to see what life has in store for Macy,” said mom Carly VanArnam.
And the second-place announcement hasn't discouraged Macy at all.
"If anything, it's encouraged me. Because it's given me a small taste of what that life could be like, and if anything it's encouraged me,” the teen singer said.
Encouraged her to keep chasing her singing dreams.
Macy will be at the Morristown Fire Hall between one and four on Saturday thanking the community for its support.

5 Comments:

Blogger Middle Ditch said...

Everybody has a dream. It doesn't matter hoe old or how young you are. Without a dream, life is not worth living.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

It seems like a lot of the American Idol runner ups were more successful than the actual winners. I'm sure she'll go far.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

She can be very proud of coming this far and I have no doubt she will be successful in her music career, congratulations to her:-) Oh Rel, I so loved all the pictures in your previous post, such darling grandchildren you have! Indeed the moments pass so quickly!! xox

10:08 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

We are still rooting for her, she will have a career in music, I am sure!

If anything new crops up for her, please let us know!

Thanks!

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

3:26 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

She has a great voice and Im sure she will find her way. I was looking at the pics below of the grandchildren...looks like a wonderful time was had by all....I had to laugh when you were on the trampoline...my daughter had one when she cheered....I got on it one day and had to crawl off!!! They just seem to zap your strength! lol

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home